Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ict

A day nursery with no ICT provision- what do you suggest- if money was no object (within reason)! No idea where to start- is it ideal to have a'proper' computer for pre schoolers and if so any good models to recommend??

We have a computer for the children just a basic model to play games on, we also have a v tech v smile system which the children really love, I have also looked at the robo bots that the children use a remote control to direct the bug these look really good, we also have two digi blue cameras (river deep rescources) and two tough kids cameras (ELC) which the children use to take photos and make movies which they really enjoy and we have really found useful for the children to record there own learning journeys. I Hope some of these suggestions are useful.

While access to a computer would be an advantage it isn't strictly necessary. There is a lot of "hidden" ICT

CD players, toy telephones, cash registers in the role play, programmable toys, radio controlled cars etc.

While access to a computer would be an advantage it isn't strictly necessary. There is a lot of "hidden" ICT

CD players, toy telephones, cash registers in the role play, programmable toys, radio controlled cars etc.

digital cameras, video cameras, mobile phones etc. We got a grant for the nursery & set up a basic computer & printer.

ninafox... are the elc cameras the ones currently advertised on their website? Fisher Price for £60? On their site the blurb doesn't mention that they can take movies.. does yours? keen to invest in one for our nursery and i really like the dual handed grip and size of the elc one but not as interested if it doesn't do movies as well

Thnaks for the suggestions so far! Had thouht about the robottype things so good to hear others recommend those. cameras for the children good idea too. We are also hoping to do get a grant and are thinking about using it for a basic computer- but as I said I dont know where to start!

our computer is out every session, it is not a new set up but it does the job, we just run our programes on this set up, such as reader rabbit programes or the childrens favorties seam to be the free ones brought in by the parents such as operation. One programe called "Mr Potato head" was excellent it was my sons but now it has one to many scratchs on it to play, not to worry my son is now 13 so it has done well!! We do not have a printer or expensive programes but we make the most of what we have got! The computer is just one part of ICT in our setting, our microwave in the role play area needs to be programed, the kettle needs to be switched on, the remote control bugs need to be guided and the walkie talkies listened too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)