Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Comfort Zone!

:o anyone else feel like they get trapped in their own little comfort zone?? For me it's clothes.....seem to wear black, black & more black xD This I am now beginning to realise was because I had a few pounds (stones! :( ) to lose and anything I tried on didn't look nice (to me anyway)

Back in the Easter hols I decided to start taking control and went on a diet.....now July I have lost 23lb, feeling a lot happier and healthier (still a little way to go though) and I am wearing my first, yes first ever pair of trousers (3/4 lenght ) and brought some new clothes for my holiday in 2 weeks time. :( What I thought looked awful in fact is the opposite and everyone says how nice i'm looking.

Just wanted to share my news and feelings and wondered if anyone else felt the same sometimes????

mrsb

Edited by Mrsb

I'm the opposite mrsb, I wear whatever I like the look of. I wear patterns and colours and havent ever got into a rut, except maybe jeans. I really should learn to like skirts, but then I'd have to find shoes and shave my legs more regularly and maybe use a self tan, so it just seems like a lot of effort. Trinny and suzanna would hate my wardrobe but I like putting lime green with purple and pink and turquoise. :o

Well done Mrs B

I wear a lot of black too!! xD

Weight seems to yo-yo. Need to get back on the case this summer. I think long A-line skirts are the best! :o

Congratulations on your weight loss!!i'd love to know how you lost the 23lbs.................I was very poorly 18 months ago..........(ITU etc!!) and lost a huge amount of weight in 5 weeks, but since then, I've had a thyroid problem diagnosed and my weight has balloned.................i now weigh more than i ever have in my life (even when pregnant!) and I cannot shift the weight, no matter what.......my gp came up with a theory that, because i was so poorly, and lost loads, my body now hangs on to every gram it can, in case of problems again! Have you ever heard such tosh?? I have to get it off, 'cos it's not good for me to be overweight, but how??????apart from not eating anything......how?? As to clothes, I'm now grateful to get into anything at all, so don't care about colours, matching................'cos whatever I wear makes me look like a scak of spuds tied round the middle....................woe..........

My present comfort zone is pasta, mascapone sauce and french bread not before 10 at night.Weight gain has been very apparent to say the least! Was just thinking today that this is a good time to address this issue-well,after Harry Potter and Pizza Hut tomorrow...Think you have done 'fantastically' to lose all that weight since Easter! luluj

Skirts for me - Long, usually denim, always M&S oooooooooooh dear!!! eating is one thing I take great pleasure in - especially when not at work - like to make special treats for tea and use the kids (well teenagers) as my excuse to buy more food so these summer holidays are going to be a nightmare! Terrible I know. Comfort zone for me is taking time during the holidays to have a lovely breakfast - cereals, fruit, cooked breakfast and real butter thickly spread on toast (you know what I mean - you can see your teeth marks in it when you bite!) I'm in need of some serious counselling I think!

Narnia, like you, I had a thyroid problem and lost loads of weight. Then after treatment my weight ballooned and I can't seem to shift it, even though they say my thyroid levels are within normal limits. Thinking of going to Slimming World to see if that helps.

I have just joined the gym. I have been every night this week and have also been swimming everyday. I have also cut down on what i'm eating - my problem is if i dont see instant results i give up!!!

Well done on you weight loss!!!!

Just sying hi to everyone as a new member

Ive lost weight lately to my compleat suprise i lost half a stone this is the half a stone i had long ago stoppped trying to shift.

I went on a no chocolate no crisps no take away diet, my that was pure HELL!!!!

But gave up after i came back from holiday last year as i had promptly put it all back on agian and thought i really cant be bothered to give up all my fave foods when it take such a lot of effort to lose even a small amount.

And the parents are always giving us boxes of chocolates epecialy at chritmas and when the children leave to go to school.

And you have to eat them im mean it would be rude not to, OK, OK i have no will power!

I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!! but i also love fruit and vegtables and use low fat spreads and wholemeal bread ect.

As i said i went on the scales this morning, the first time in a long time and found id lost weight.

This as confused me as i can no longer fit it to my sized jean without the zip coming down.

I have put on inchs latley im not impressed!!!, and no i am not pregnant though id love to be as ive not missed a period im as regular as clock work

WEIRD!!!

So ive lost weight but ive still got 3 tyres aaaahhhhhhhhh i think its harder to lose inchs then it is to lose weight

Has any one got tips on losing this ie easy exercise technics?

I go to matrital arts classes but this is not high impact so dosnt help

Oh dieting and weight, how I wish I was one of those people who can eat what they like and not worry about it but I am not. :(

I am however a member of slimming world and have lost and maintained a weight loss of just over a stone and am working on the next one. I was inspired to join slimming world after a work colleague lost 7 stone and she seemed to be able to eat loads. It seems a bit complicated when you start but you soon get the hang of it and sure enough you can eat loads, sadly not loads of cakes and chocolate but no surprises there :o

Healthy eating is the way, lots of fruit and veg, lean meat and fish and lots of water to drink, not as exciting as all the yummy stuff but the satisfaction of getting back into those clothes we love wearing makes the effort worth while xD

Keep smiling though because that makes everyone feel better,

Sue

Well I always dressed 'different' /alternative and ok a little punky in my younger days and I find it difficult to conform sometimes, although I don't mind (mainly as I haven't the time to think about what I put on in the morning) dressing 'normally' I do like to spruce my look up with the odd pair of funky boots or a peculiar hair do or two, trouble is you have to be both respectable for work and not show your own children up too much. :(

I bumped into my secondary school teacher the other day and she said 'oh no your normal' :o that made me feel so old xD - I quickly bought a reddy hair dye and glammed up for a couple of days but practically i can't keep it up - haven't the time or energy.

As for weight, I am lucky enough to have never put on too much weight but unlucky enough to be obsessed about it instead of enjoying it (typically female) :( - When having 'fat 'days I use the old

'I have had five children excuse'. :(

Edited by Guest

Oh dieting and weight, how I wish I was one of those people who can eat what they like and not worry about it but I am not. :o

I wish I was 'one of those' too - but am wary of mentioning it in front of my size six friend who would really like to be a little heavier but no matter what she eats just stays the same or - shock horror! - loses even more weight.

Life is so unfair - she would like to put it on and the rest of the world would like to lose it. We're just never satisfied, are we??

Maz

I do like to spruce my look up with the odd pair of funky boots or a peculiar hair do or two, trouble is you have to be both respectable for work and not show your own children up too much. :o

As an employer I can agree with the first statement, xD but as a mother I take it as my prime function in life to embarrass my children at every opportunity.

It seems only fair to get revenge on all the times they embarrassed me as toddlers...

Maz

Not so much my comfort zone but my 'chill out' zone is a glass or two of lager or white wine. Up to the age of 38 I was always between 8 and at most 8.5 stone, ( only 5'1") then I got married, the weight has crept up and up. When I reached 9 stone my doctor said I am 'too comfortable', newly married, hubby does the cooking, kids grown up, too much socializing = drinking, etc etc.

Then 10 years later and another stone in weight, the menopause has been my excuse, low metobolic rate, loss of fertility, every ounce goes to my tummy, boobs, hips and thighs, AAAhhhh, loss of waistline ( my previous 'good' feature).

as for fashion, how I hate the hipster style :o , how am I meant to 'hold in' my flab when the only clothes available let all the folds show above the 'hip' band??????

My sister, an avid dark rum drinker, dart player and socialite has just lost 2 dress sizes in two months, she is now 8 st 13 pounds, the first time she has been below 9 stone for 20+years and awareded gold member with weightwatchers. I joined tonight. :( so watch this space. I am currently 10 stone 4 ounces and my goal is to get back to 8st. starting tomorrow, as I sip my last can of Fosters!!

I am fit and was really pleased to be able to enter and win the preschool parents race ( having my 4 yr old foster daughter on register this year) :( The trampoline has been re-erected after being in the garage all winter and my new family are keeping me active so when I reach the big 50 I shall hopefully be a curvy size 10. :(

I am a skirt and dress person, don't own a pair of jeans and only one pair of 3/4 length trousers, I just wish the designers would bring back 'waists' and lose the hipsters and the current 'maternity' style tops. xD

Peggy

Guest MaryEMac

I'm afraid that for me chocolate is my comfort. I thought that I had died and gone to heaven yesterday when I discovered that the Gretna Green Outlet centre had a Cadbury's shop :o

Actually at the end of July I went for my check up at the asthma clinic and I had lost weight, about 10 lbs. I was so surprised because the previous week was PMT week and I had eaten chocolate till it was coming out of my ears !!

Mary

I'm afraid that for me chocolate is my comfort. I thought that I had died and gone to heaven yesterday when I discovered that the Gretna Green Outlet centre had a Cadbury's shop :o

Actually at the end of July I went for my check up at the asthma clinic and I had lost weight, about 10 lbs. I was so surprised because the previous week was PMT week and I had eaten chocolate till it was coming out of my ears !!

Mary

Well done you! I subscribe to the old adage that chocolate is made from cocoa beans, beans are vegetables, vegetables are good for you and therefore, chocolate must actually be a healthy food...

Maz