Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mobile Handwashing Units - Has Anyone Got One?

Can anyone help me here please ???

Need to buy a mobile handwashing unit - does anyone know where I can get one from - how much they are roughly (mind you that's probably pretty irrrelevant right now!) - and contact number. I also need pretty fast delivery too!

Really hope someone can help here !!

Thanks in advance

Janice :o

p.s. My stressed out Mickey Mouse avatar is working overtime right now!

Hi Janice!

Not much help really - how mobile??

Out of setting? around the setting ? My initial response was wet wipes or a washing bowl with paper towels, but don't really know what you intend ??? :o

Cheers,

Sue :D

Janice

Mobile handwash units

Cotswold Autoflo Ltd

Unit 2 WillowPark

Childswickham

Broadway

Worcester

WR12 7HY

Tel: 01386 853284

matt@cotswold-autoflo.demon.co.uk

Web site: www.autoflo.co.uk

Good Luck :o

Cherry x

Thanks for the reply Cherry. I just rang that company - total cost £895.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I have just rung Ofsted, and they said they can see nothing wrong with the current bowls/paper towels in place, as long as water is changed frequently. She has noted our records that I rang so if an Inspector picks me up on it she can see that I have already queried it.

Thanks again!

Byeeeeeeeee

I have had a mobile hand washing unit for about 3 years. The cost is about £100 from.S.B.S. The tap works by a hand pump action. All the children can manage it. It is easily mobile. The tap broke after about 2 years. I contacted the company who replaced it free of charge.

Hi

I have just bought same mobile handwashing unit from S B S. Used it for the first time this week. The children are getting the hang of it. It is just the correct height for them.

Ofsted suggested it so the children don't have to share water.

Galt also do one slightly more expensive more like a proper sink unit.

Thanks for the replies. Have rung SbS - person who answered the phone had never heard of it and couldn't find it in the catalogue!

Have asked for the catalogue - has anyone got their current catalogue and could tell me the order no. etc.

Many thanks

Janice

This is the first week we have used our unit. Before we used filled sinks of water and a seperate rinse. Ofsted were satisfied with this but we though we would buy one of these units to make it easier and safer.

It is the correct height for our 2 to 4 year olds which is a plus because there is no step involved.

The unit consists of a small sink with two water containers underneath. One is filled with water with a tube and a pump, and one has a tube from the sink to take away the waste.

Most of our children are able to squeeze the tube to pump the water up, although the smaller ones find it a bit tricky. (perhaps it will come with practice)

It needs a bit of co-ordination because they have to squeeze with one hand and pump with the other and then change over. We are trying to encourage co-operation - that is one child pumps for another child and then they change over.

Because it is very small and mobile I think it will be handy to have beside very messy painting activities and outside sometimes.

I think ideally we will have to have more than one to cope with large group handwashing.

Hope this helps

Oh well ..... looks like I will get one then !!!

Thanks Glen - we have a water dispenser which they love using, so I reckon they will get the hang of this as well. The selling point for me was when you said you could take it outside !

I will only buy one to start off with at least that looks better than none.

Many many thanks for your help everyone - very much appreciated!!!!!

Byeeeeeeeeeeee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)