Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Physical Development Theorists

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of physical development theorists? Have done a quick google, but it seems to bring up all sorts of other theorists.

Thanks!

Sorry - am in holiday mode but if any physical theorist spring to mind I'll let you know.

Just wanted to say that now I know my eyes need testing - just read "Physical Development Terrorists".

Am off to make an appointment...

Maz

not sure of any theorists - but did research project recently looking at connection between movement and learning in young children - could pm you my reading list if any help

i always use mary sheridon development book, as recommended by my colege tutor a while ago.

Always useful, agreed. Does she qualify as a 'theorist' though? Have spent many hours debating that question...

Reading books on outdoor play might reveal a few sources: Helen Bilton and Christine MacIntyre spring to mind...

Maz

I had to do this for my EYP and it was quite hard - perhaps you might want to look at Bailey's Scales of Infant Development and the like. My notes are at work but I think you need to go down the health route and I cannot remember who did the other development scales at the moment. These are used by health visitors to guage physical development and they are updated in line with research.

Nikki

hi im doing an nvq 3 my tutor has said there is no theorist that focused on physical developent. Arnold gesell and his team documented physical skills as a part of establishing norms for childrens development but as far as i have found that is as good as it gets!

i have spent many an hour searching for a theorist to link into my obs on physical development without success.

Guest Wolfie

Nikki - just as a matter of interest, in what way did you have to "do" them for your EYP? I'm starting on that in September and am wondering how the study modules to "fill your gaps" work? Did you do some independent study on it, attend seminars, write essays?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)