Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Peter Dixon

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

I've read a few threads on here from people who have read some of Peter Dixon's poems and articles and have been trying to get hold of some for a few weeks. I've finally tracked down and been able to buy his book called "Let Me Be - a book for parents, teachers and all those concerned about early years education". I would thoroughly recommend it - it's full of useful ( if alarming) facts, Peter's poems and general "ammunition"against the rising tide of policies, statistics, targets, etc. being applied to early years at the expense of allowing children a "proper" childhood!! Extremely readable and easy to dip in and out of.

I got mine from Amazon - although it said it would be dispatched in 4-6 weeks it actually came within two days! But I think you can also get it from his home address - he always does the back page column in EYE and the contact details are in there.

You won't be disappointed! :o

Edited by Wolfie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Wolfie

I so agree about Peter Dixon - I heard him speak in Bath a few years ago and was inspired to buy his books. My favourite poem to read to parents, advisers etc is Colour of my Dreams and the one that really makes a tear come to my ey is Booster Boy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)