Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree..500 Word Essay

Serena

I would have a look at the module content for the course and try and tie in your work to them. What is the Fda?

• 3 weeks later...
I have rang them and had been advised to write anything as they want to see my style of writing. so l have decided to describe my practice and my role within.

Went for my interview today and l have got through. Unfortunately two of my colleagues didnot. So we have all registered through the open university. Is anyone doing the course through them. Although l have registered there, l am keeping my options open with the college.

Went for my interview today and l have got through. Unfortunately two of my colleagues didnot. So we have all registered through the open university. Is anyone doing the course through them. Although l have registered there, l am keeping my options open with the college.

Congratulations! Did your colleagues get any feedback as to why they didn't get through? I know there are people on here whol did or are doing their Foundation Degree through the OU, and hats off to them for being so motivated.

Myself, I need the discipline of going to college every week to keep me on track...

Maz

They are both due to complete their level three is August. They were told that at the moment they donot meet the academic requiremets.

Congratulations! Did your colleagues get any feedback as to why they didn't get through? I know there are people on here whol did or are doing their Foundation Degree through the OU, and hats off to them for being so motivated.

Myself, I need the discipline of going to college every week to keep me on track...

Maz

Maz

Same here Maz. My level 3 took three attempts through different colleges and eventually I went with a training provider and did it the NVQ way. Mind you, I was a bit young and silly back then so I needed the routine of going to work.

I was dreading going back to college last year because I didn't know whether or not I would stick at it but I now feel that it wouldn't get done without the regularity of going to college every week. I've only missed to days from college this year and that has been due to childcare problems of my own.

Congratulations Sernea. You'll really enjoy it and I think you are right to keep your options open.

Hi - I have registered for the FD through the OU. Due to start in October.

Hi - I have registered for the FD through the OU. Due to start in October.

Good for you - it will be interesting to hear how you get on. A friend of mine is doing a few Level 4 modules with the OU and she has found her tutor extremely helpful and supportive - and she also finds its easier to fit the study in around her life rather than having to set aside time to go to college each week.

It takes all sorts...

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)