Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dare We Believe It May Be Here...................

:o Dare we hold our breath and believe that summer may be just around the corner.

Yesterday (Sat) was the first day in ages we didn't have any rain, not even a small drop. In fact last night we had friends around and enjoyed sitting in the garden with the chimnea alight followed by a dip in the hot tub.

This morning as I write this, the sky is blue (with a lot of white clouds) but NO RAIN.

I've put my third load of washing on this morning and have now just realised how much ironing I must do later.

Happy Summer to everyone!!!!! xD

It's the same here Brenda. Lovely skies and sunshine. I have taken advantage of the nice weather and done about 6 loads of washing so far today and like you, I'm dreading the ironing but I'm a bit more relaxed about it knowing that I've got no college work interrupting my domestic chores for 6/7 weeks!

Only thing is, living in a block of 20 flats with only 3 washing lines its a bit of a mad rush in the morning getting out there. I hung out 4 of my 6 loads bright and early this morning, laughing to myslef as I did it. I left about 4 lines of washing line bare (for bedding and towels, that kind of thing) and when I went back out there, somebody had filled them up with their stuff so now I've got all the big stuff that I can't get dried indoors laying all over the place in the hope that she moves all her stuff off of my line.

I wouldn't mind, but the third washing line is behind the bin shed and is bare for most of the year. I don't see why she couldn't hang her own washing there instead of nicking other peoples space. It is so annoying.

Rant over lol

Well it's all right for some. We had downpours yesterday. And guess what? Yes it's raining now :o

We have been trying to go camping for a few weeks now and every time we have postponed it.

Sue

I'm gauging summer by only 2 weeks to go till the end of term! Daren't be too optimistic as we due Ofsted. Can they still arrive at this time? Weather not too bad in Derbyshire either Brenda. A few smiley skies can really make a difference. Happy summer to you too. luluj

:o Sunny and dry here over the weekened..... hope it continues over the next couple of days as we have our Sports Fun Days tomorrow and Tuesday.....fingers x!!!!

Well we were having a children's day here and intended to go to to the park and have rides on small steam engines and end with a BBQ. Well we had thunder, torrential rain and so we all decided to stay at home :o

Have had a glorious weekend watching lots of lycra clad cyclists haring around london

It was a fantastic atmosphere and the sun shone... so much I have a wonderful suntan including handbag strap

BUT the rain is due back tomorrow although the sun may come again at end of week

can't see my new paddling pool being used a lot before end of term

Jo

We were actually able to set up nursery outside this morning! Hoorah! And the rain kept off until we came back inside for snack.

Mind you, was a bit upset to come back inside and find my lovely new tent/sun shade which I had bought for a fiver for just this purpose! In all the excitement, I had quite forgotten to put it out.

Maybe tomorrow...

Maz

:o Sunny and dry here over the weekened..... hope it continues over the next couple of days as we have our Sports Fun Days tomorrow and Tuesday.....fingers x!!!!

xD hooray, the sun did shine......hope it's the same tomorrow

post-8412-1184007783_thumb.jpg

Guest MaryEMac

Yesterday I walked home in a thunderstorm and today I walked home in blazing sunshine. It's a bit of a lottery isn't it. Hoping it stays fine cos it's our reserve sports day on Friday and we are running out of spare sessions. :o

Mary

Fingers crossed for you Mary. We had ours today, and though I'm sure I felt a spot of rain at morning playtime it kept fine, and has rained all day!!!!!!!!!!! British summer :o