Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Preschool Learning Alliance Policies

hi i was wondering if anyone uses the preschool alliance policies.

I am putting together my policies and have purchased their book.

Not sure if some of them look a little long winded I would like some thing simple for the parents to read.

Has anyone go any examples or do you think I need the long version. :oxD

Guest Wolfie

I found them quite good as a starting point but have to say that there are some much better ones out there! Have you tried the Resource Library? Or tell us which ones you're stuck on and get some examples on here!

What I've seen in nurseries is full sets of policies and procedures that are in the office and available to parents, with 'statements' being taken out of the policy and used in the prospectus to give the parents an introduction to policies.

As part of the parental agreement, parents sign to say that they have read the full policies - perhaps you could choose the critical ones for them to focus on, for example, Child Protection, Special Needs, Admissions, Payments, Complaints, Health and Safety... as an absolute minimum and ensure that they know that the rest are available to them.

Guest Wolfie

I agree with Running Bunny. In my prospectus I had a summary of what were then the four "main" policies - health and safety, equal opps, behaviour management and child protection - and stated that full versions of ALL the policies were available in a separate booklet.

we use these and have adapted some to our needs, ours were from a few years ago now so have not seen the current ones, found we have had to amend and add to them each year. Parents are given simple explanations in prospectus with a note to say they should read full versions which are available to take home if they wish.

Must say Ofsted have been very happy with them, and commented it was good to see detailed policies to follow!

Inge

Edited by Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)