Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It Is Sold

Chill

My nursery school is now sold. No more ofsted, operational plan, policies, non paying parents etc. etc. so can anyone tell me why I can't stop crying!!!!! ..and now realised I have poted this in the wrong place.

Guest Wolfie

Chill, I've been in exactly the same position as you and felt exactly the same - we're funny creatures aren't we?!? :o Just give yourself plenty of time to get over it all and don't think that any of your feelings are strange - that nursery was YOURS and you've lived it for a long time, it's hard to finally accept that you haven't got any more control over what happens there. When I sold, I started a new job literally the following week which gave me something else to think about and get my teeth into but I think that meant it took me longer to resolve all my emotions connected with the nursery.

Take one day at a time - have you actually handed over and left yet or have just the legalities been completed so far? Have you got soemthing else to go to or are you having a breather? You probably feel absolutely exhausted by it all like I did? Feel free to PM me if you want a shoulder to cry on!

Edited by Wolfie

Thanks for that Wolfie. I feel I am going mad and keep telling myself to get a grip but I just won't listen. I am taking a bit of time off and looking for something part time in September, something that does not consume every waking hour and thought.

I know it is hard having been through it myself but you do get through it- like you can get through anything as time is the healer. I could not even drive past the nursery for months after I left and would go a different route. Plough yourself into something else and do not look back as it will do you no good. Leaving my nursery with hindsight was one of the best things I did.

Guest Wolfie

I'm with Sheila - eighteen months on I realise that selling the nursery was the best thing I could have done. It was always the last thing I thought of when I went to bed and the first thought in the morning. Now, I have a life again and the old me is back! Everyone says so! :o