Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Finding A New Printer

need a little help finding a printer for my pre school, ours has decided to give up just in time for our reports. Has anyone got any good advice on which one to buy. It will need to be able to print out quite a lot of work each day, photos, news letters etc. I want to go on recommendations rather than my bad judgement :o

thank you

I have always found my epson to be fantastic.

there is something in the ink which means you use less and i am printing constantly.

prints quick and is also a scanner- one of those three in one jobbies.

I got my setting, and own personal printer from pcworld. Epson dx series 3 in 1, i ordered online to collect and saved £10 that way. The ink is available to order online cheaper on amazon, and you can just pop on and order it when you are running out and it will be delivered. it takes seperate cartridges per colour so its cheaper to run.

Check the speed it prints out before you choose one as some are faster than others.

Hi Jessica

I also run an Epsom dx series it's brill, but constantly running out of black can get pricey!

Our computer man has recommended I buy a laser mono for all the black and white stuff (which is mainly what our printing is) and run it alongside the epsom as will reduce cost immensly and much quicker but all depends on whether you want to run two!

This is the link to the one he recommended if interested.

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/103045

Thank you very much everyone for your replies, it will really help me when I go out to buy a new one, at least I know what i will be looking for now.

We bought a samsung mono black laser printer ages ago and I am amazed how much I have printed with it and how fast it "spits" the paper out, down side the toner cartridges on the supermarket shelves! but are quite easy to get online

we also recently bought a HP 3 in 1 C3180 (£49 from PCWorld) and I am impressed with all that it can do, the speed and quality is great, it will scan/photocopy and accept a range of photo memory cards it does a range of photo sizes from passport to full A4 which I have found really handy for all kinds of things from displays to development folders and self registration name cards,

The man at PC world set us up a "business" account it doesnt cost anything it just means that you can buy consumables like ink and paper and a greatly reduced rate (approx 20-30%)

Ive had epsom in the past the ink is cheaper and easier to get but I did seem to runnout of ink more frequently and the printer didnt like it when I used a cheaper unofficial ink cartridge in it

I've had my HP 3 in 1 for over 5 years and I've never had any trouble with it. We had several simple Epsons for the children to use themselves with the preschool computers but they weren't very robust and often needed fixing.

Also found Epsom less robust at work (2 broke in a year!) also have Hp with scanner etc etc and not had a problem, able to get cartidges refilled at cartridge world or buy own 'brand ones' to fit quite easily.

Inge

Thanks again everyone. Talking to a friend today she bought a Lexmark which used cartridge no 1, had it two days and took it back! It ran out of ink after about 50 draft copies in black. I'm really glad I asked now for all your advice. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)