Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Diana Concert

hali

Just wanted to say...

what i have been through the last few weeks and Leslie plus others i am sure how much i have enjoyed this concert (so has our parrot)............. xD

brings true life home to you...

sorry for being soppy guys :o

yes I agree and I too have enjoyed it :(

i was chatting with my son about it and he asked me how old she would of been today.When i replyed "46 which is no age and especially as she has been dead 10 years!!!" I realised what id said!She would of been only 1 year older then me and yet i think myself as being old!!! it really put things into perspective. :o:( :wacko: :(xD

Just wanted to say...

what i have been through the last few weeks and Leslie plus others i am sure how much i have enjoyed this concert (so has our parrot)............. xD

brings true life home to you...

sorry for being soppy guys :o

I hear what you say Hali, but I watched the end of the concert (from P Diddy onwards) and I must say it made me feel quite uncomfortable (probably something with him telling the Princes he loved them all!!). It did rather strike me that there was quite a bit of the bandwagon about it all. Obviously this wasn't true of all the artists, and presumably they had all been personally invited to appear. And I'm also presuming that Diana's charities will have benefited from the ticket sales, which has got to be a good thing.

But also, it did make me think how privileged these young men are to be able to put on such an extravaganza in memory of their mother. The rest of us remember the loved ones we have lost in our own personal way - whereas they have access to the highest paid entertainers in the land in order to celebrate her life.

And I have to say that my immediate reaction when I saw the Princes addressing the crowd - how proud she would have been of them!

So, a mixed review from me, I think...

Maz