Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Behaviour Chart

We have a little boy in our nursery whp spits. Time out isn't working. We would like to try a positive behaviour chart - so the child get a sticker reward for a short period of time, say am session. Does anyone know, or can share any positive behaviour, :o charts so I have some idea of their format?

Thanks

If you do a google search more often than not you will find what you need. I just put in the word "Brainwaves" and came up with this.

Linda

Thanks for that, I need one for next week. Could iIbe really cheeky and ask :o the forum if anyone has one to share?

There's also a book you might like to get. Just can't remember the title. Got it on Amazon when I was looking for something about not biting. It covers things like we don't kick our friends, we kick footballs, we don't bite .... we bite apples.... we don't spit .... we spit out toothpaste. Could look for the title on Monday if you're interested.

This is one I have made this weekend for 2 children in my class.

We use the same style throughout the school... just changing the target.

They can also be made to what ever interests said child.

Target is agreed with the child.

If child is behaving appropriately- according to target a token is put on to the chart. Collect 10 tokens and they get a 10 minute reward that has previously been agreed.

Hope that makes sense.

L

behaviour_board.doc

tokens.doc

Just another idea I made a train track and put the station at the end. I placed some velcro on the tracks and had some Thomas images. Each time child remembered expected behaviour( cooperation with adults) he was allowed to place a Thomas on the track-room for 4 in the morning and if he reached the station mum was asked to come and see. She then rewarded him with praise and a treat at home. He was a big Thomas fan and we used The Thomas stories as models too. It worked for him while I was sole provider for him.

We have a little boy in our nursery whp spits. Time out isn't working. We would like to try a positive behaviour chart - so the child get a sticker reward for a short period of time, say am session. Does anyone know, or can share any positive behaviour, xD charts so I have some idea of their format?

Thanks

Hiya, Yeah.. I gave up on the ol 'time out' too. I found it either made me feel 'like a real bad guy' or 'a first class idiot' as they 'sat there quite happy, smiling at me whilst they either untie their shoe

laces, or pick their nose :o

I have a very basic sticker reward system. An A4 card that I blue tack to the wall .... this is the difficult part .... one for each child! So they can see them throughout the days ( it works though, and they do take note). I'll attach it... you can change any of the info to suit your setting. Personally, I avoid ever saying 'dont' and look for an alternative to say 'do' to..... that probably sounds silly but I find it works.

I also use the old 'marble in the jar' strategy..... for anyone making a real big effort .... or 'just doing what I ask' can sometimes do it .... they can put a marble in the 'big' jar... we have a game to play first before the marble reaches the jar. Once the jar's full, we have a BIG surprise (usually a party). I believe it helps to build the concept of 'working together' because anyone can achieve a marble but all benefit from it.

best of luck with the spitting,

Kiddy

Chores_and_Helping_Chart.doc

Chores_and_Helping_Chart.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)