Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registration

Lucie

hi guys,

we currently provide care for less than two hours a day, and werent reistered with Ofsted. However just before i started as manager we decided we wanted to extend hours, so began the registration process.

I just want to know if we have to wait to get the certificate before we can provide longer hours or whether we can start doing it. the setting has had its registration visit and all that was needed was a suitably qualified manager which is now in place (me).

hope someone can help.

thanks. xx

My understanding is that you have to wait for your certificate - which Ofsted will only release when absolutely everything is in place - CRBs, health checks etc etc

I'd suggest you give them a ring - 08456404040

Sarahx :o

I believe that ofsted states you can operate for 15 days a year without a registration certificate in place but I would not personally use this option if you decided to then you may have the problem with insurance and liability. in the pst I have always waited for the certificate. Shelley