Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Changes to the navigation of Tapestry

Hi all,

We just wanted to let you know about an upcoming change to the navigation of the browser version of Tapestry. 

As we add more features and functions to Tapestry, we want to ensure that it doesn’t become too crowded and that you are still able to easily navigate your way around Tapestry. So, with this in mind, we have created a new tab at the top of the page called ‘Tracking’, to replace the ‘Snapshot’ and ‘Analysis’ tabs. All the same screens will be available to you, as well as the new KS1, KS2 and SEND tracking screens (if you have these frameworks enabled) that will also be going live with this new tracking tab. Once these new tracking screens are live you will be able to find tutorials for them on our main tutorials page. 

Below you can see a before and after of what your menu at the top of the page will look like. If you do not have the care diary enabled, then it will not appear.

2017-10-26_10-48-52.png

2017-10-26_10-49-33.png

Once you click on the ‘Tracking’ button (1) you will see you get a menu with a different section for each framework you have enabled on your account that has tracking screens available (2). 

2017-10-26_10-50-45.png

The ‘Overview’ option will take you to the screen you would have been used to seeing when you went to the ‘Analysis’ section, which shows you some stats regarding your Tapestry account e.g. the percentage of children that are male or female. 

2017-10-26_10-51-30.png

2017-10-26_10-52-01.png

Once you click on a framework you will see they are still broken down into ‘Snapshots’ and ‘Analysis’ sections if both snapshot and analysis screens are available for that framework. 

2017-10-26_11-14-17.png

Any screens in the EYFS section of Analysis that you had added to your favourites will be saved and you will be able to see them in the ‘Analysis Favourites’ section (1). The ‘Analysis overview’ button (2) in the ‘Dashboard’ section will take you to the main EYFS Analysis page you will be used to seeing. 

2017-10-26_11-17-30.png

So, that’s the new Tracking section on Tapestry! We hope you like this new and improved navigation that will allow you to find the different screens for tracking children’s attainment and progress more easily and might allow you to discover some screens you haven’t seen before! 

If you have any questions about this change please leave them below or you can email us at customer.service@eyfs.info

Hi Tina, 

Thank you for informing us!

I have asked our developer to take a look for you and he has now given it a good prod in the right direction. I can now confirm that you have access to the new KS analysis on the tracking menu. 

I am sorry for the initial error and I do hope it didn't cause too much of an inconvenience for you.

Best wishes, Rebecca H

Hi. I like all the different features. Is there a way to see how many observations all my staff have contributed? I have staff who don't have specific key children, but support the whole cohort. There used to be a way of seeing this somewhere in the control panel. Have I just forgotten where this is?

Hi Emily, I have logged on to Tapestry this morning and see the message about 'Snapshots' being changed to 'Tracking', however there is no tab showing at all. My 'Observations' and 'Children' buttons are still there but that is it. I need to look at my Summative Assessments but do not seem to be able to. Am I missing something or is there a fault with Tapestry?

Many thanks

Kelly

3 hours ago, Rachehsmith said:

Hi. I like all the different features. Is there a way to see how many observations all my staff have contributed? I have staff who don't have specific key children, but support the whole cohort. There used to be a way of seeing this somewhere in the control panel. Have I just forgotten where this is?

Hi Rachehsmith,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm really glad to hear you like all the different features available on Tapestry. :) 

I'm afraid at the moment all of the observation/assessment tracking screens show you the number of observations or assessments for staff's key children so it doesn't sound like this will be suitable for you.

You can see how many observations staff have made in total by clicking on their names on the manage staff page on the control panel. On their overview page it will show you their most recent observations and underneath how many observations in total they have made.

Adding a screen to show you the number of observations/assessments made by staff not just for their key children is something that is on our list of things to add to Tapestry though, we will keep you updated with any progress on this.

Best wishes,

Emily

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Naomilittlestars said:

I still have the old set up do you know why this is Please?

HI Naomilittlestars,

Welcome to the forum! We're not sure why you would still have the old version, but we can take a look for you. I have setup a support ticket for you, so please could you reply to the email I have just sent?

Best wishes,
Joe