No replies to this topic

#1 Rebecca_H

Rebecca_H

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:29 AM

User Status, Account Activation and Resubscription FAQs

On Tapestry there are a number of different statuses into which an account may be and which status they have reflects their level of account activation, deletion and of course their access to Tapestry.

Users may be

• Not Activated: The user has been added to Tapestry, but no further action taken to activation. They therefore cannot login or activate their account.
  • Activating: The user has been sent an activation email and can activate their account (i.e. set a password and PIN), until they have completed activation, they cannot login or reset their password.
  • Active: The user therefore has a password and PIN set and can login and reset their password.
  • Inactive: The user therefore has a password and PIN set, but cannot login or reset their password.
  • Awaiting Deletion: The user is unable to login or reset their password and is awaiting deletion
  • Being Deleted: The user is unable to login or reset their password and is being deleted from Tapestry

For further clarification on these statuses, you may click the status in question on Tapestry and a pop-up will appear informing you what the user can or cannot do. 

You may have added relative or staff to Tapestry individually or by CSV file, or you may have received relatives after a child transfer and are wondering how you may deal with certain issues of dealing with accounts and their activation which are not covered in the tutorials. Additionally you may also find that you have a user who has unsubscribed and the circumstances are not reported in the main tutorial on this process.

The rest of this tutorial will hopefully shed some light on some common queries you may have about some of the activation processes on Tapestry. The screenshots mainly refer to relatives, but the actions are still applicable for staff and you would just to need to go to the control panel - manage staff section instead to carry out the necessary actions. 

In this tutorial you'll find guidance on the following questions

1. How do I cancel activation if an activation email has been sent?
2. How do I resend an activation email or send an activation email for the first time?
3. What happens if an activation link expires?

4. How do I activate an unsubscribed user?
5. How do I resubscribe a duplicate account?
6. Receiving the message 'Email is already in use'
7. I have added an account as not activated and it appears to be a duplicate account?

1. How do I cancel activation if an activation email has been sent or link generated?

Cancelling activation will disable the link contained within the email and the user will not be able to use the link to set a password and PIN in order to access Tapestry. This means the user who was previously activating will become not activated.  If you do cancel activation and need to send a new activation them, then you'll be able to see how to do this in question 2. 

How to cancel the activation email for an individual

You are able to cancel the activation if you made a mistake by activating the relative too early or if the email is incorrect. In order to do this you will need to locate the relative in the manage relative list and click on the cog next to their name (1) to select 'Cancel Activation' (2).

cancel%20cog%20rel.png

A pop-up will then appear informing you of the effect of the cancellation (1), if you are happy to proceed with cancelling the activation, you'll then need to confirm this by clicking on (2).

cancel%20pop.png

How do I cancel activation emails in bulk?

You are also able to cancel activation in bulk by ticking the boxes next to the relatives in question (1) and selecting 'Cancel Activation' (2). You'll then need to click on 'Go' (3).

cancel%20bulk.png

You will then be taken to the following page which will require confirmation of the cancellation of the activation. You can click on the drop-down menu in (1) to select either 'Cancel Activation' or Do Nothing'. You'll then need to click on (2) to confirm the action.
confirm%20can%20bulk.png
Once the account activation issue has been resolved, if the user encounters any issues with logging in, then you may also refer to these troubleshooting tutorials for relatives unable to login and for staff unable to login. 

2. How do I resend an activation email or send an activation email for the first time?

Please Note: If you are resending an activation email when the user is already activating, then the subsequent activation email will invalidate the former activation email. Only the most recent activation email sent will contain a valid link for activation and the user will need to access this link in order to complete their activation.

Individual user

You are able to resend the activation email if the relative did not receive their initial one.
To do this you will need to locate the relative in the manage relative list, click on the cog next to their name (1) and select 'Retry Activation' (2).

cog%20retry.png

You'll then be taken to the following page which offers a couple of options for activation.

• If you wish to send an activation email, click on (1)
  • If you wish to generate an activation link and pass this onto the user, click on (2)

In the two above cases, the user will be activating as they are awaiting to set their password and PIN for the account.
Or you may activate the user straight away by filling in a password and PIN for them as in (3), they will then become active. If you choose this last option, you will need to inform the user of their login details.

rety%20act.png

In Bulk

If you need to send activation emails again to relatives in bulk, then you may do so by ticking the box next to the relatives in questions (1) and selecting from the menu 'Activate/Retry Activation' (2), after which you'll need to click 'Go' (3).

resend%20act%20in%20bulk.png

You will then be taken to the following page which requires confirmation of resending activation emails to the selected relatives.
(1) indicates that some accounts are already in an activating state and therefore if you send another activation email, the link contained in the previous email will become invalid.
(2) indicates which accounts are in an activating state.
(3) is a drop-down menu which allows you to change the action of resending the activation email to 'Do Nothing' individually.
(4) if you'd rather not send an activation email to all users, then you can click on the button 'Back to Manage Relatives'
(5) if you are happy with sending the activation email, then you can click on 'Send Activation Email' to confirm the act.

confirm%20resend%20links%20copy.png

The users will either remain activating if they were initially activating or move from not activated to activating if this is the first time they have been sent an activation email.

3. What happens if an activation link expires?

If an activation link expires, you will be informed of this by notification (either internal or by email depending on your preferences). The user, who was previously activating, will then become not activated. You're able to resend the activation link as question 2 above in this FAQ tutorial. 

4. How do I activate an unsubscribed user?

You are not able to send or generate an activation link for a user who is unsubscribed, instead you will need to send a resubscribe email which will act in place of sending an activation link. When the user uses the resubscribe email to resubscribe to Tapestry this will activate their account and they will be able to login. This tutorial here shows you how you may send a resubscribe email. 

If however the user has an account at another setting and they send the resubscribe email and the user uses this to resubscribe, you will then be able to send an activation email because the user has resubscribed back to Tapestry.

5. How do I resubscribe a duplicate account?

You firstly need to deal with the duplicate account issue as before you can resubscribe the user. Once you have fixed the duplicate account issue, you'll then be able to deal with the unsubscribed user and send a resubscribe email.
(1) In order to fix the duplicate account, you will need to refer to this tutorial here.
(2) This tutorial will guide you through sending the resubscribe.

6. Receiving the message 'Email is already in use'

If you receive this message, as depicted in the following screenshot, whilst attempting to add a user to Tapestry - this indicates that there is an account on your Tapestry which is registered with the same email and is either activating, active, inactive

Email%20is%20already%20in%20use.png

In order to locate the account registered with the email address, you can go to the control panel - manage relatives/staff. Once you have reset your page filters on this page (1), you can then enter the email address (2).

email%20search.png

You will then be presented with the account already registered with this email. If it does not feature there and you are looking at the manage relative section, it may be that the email is registered for a staff account instead and so you can perform the same task in the manage staff section of the control panel.

Upon identifying the account and if the account type is the same as the account you are registering the person for (i.e. the email is registered for a relative account and you are registering a relative), you can ensure the email is correct and check whether the registered account should be used instead of adding a new one.

A user cannot be registered with the same email for a staff and relative account and so if they need to be set up as both a new email will need to be used. 

7. I have added an account as not activated and it appears to be a duplicate account?

You will not be able to start the activation process for the not activated account (i.e. sending or generating an activation link) or make the account active by assigning a password and PIN yourself whilst there is duplication. In this case, you'll be able to refer to this tutorial here on how you may fix the duplicate accounts. 
If the account you decide to keep is the new not activated account, then once you have dealt with the duplication issue, you will then be able to retry activation. Question 2 in this tutorial will guide you through this. 

If you have any further queries regarding any of the issues above or would like to know more, please do not hesitate in getting in contact with us at ofni.sfye@ecivres.remotsuc 

I hope this tutorial has resolved some issues which may have arisen for you!

Best wishes, Rebecca H

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users