Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Farm Set

Verona

I've been looking for a new farm set. It must be wooden and very sturdy. It doesn't matter about a base for it but I would like several buildings and animals, farm vehicles and farmer, etc.

I found one in Fine Solutions catalogue. It's Middlebrook Farm and all the above come to £152.50 (inc vat) It sounds wonderful but expensive - the buildings store one inside the other and it looks good.

Has anyone got one of these farms anad if so what's it like? Sometimes it's not all that it looks in the catalogue - I obviously don't want to spend that sort of money if it's not up to lots of play. (Pre-school)

I have looked on ebay and there doesn't seem to be anything suitable at the moment.

Any other ideas please?

Sue J

Not much help sorry....

My Mum found me some wonderful buildings from a car boot that stack inside each other and are so far standing up to the test of time...

wrong time of year I know but always worth a look at car boots.

Hi - I've got this farm but don't think I paid that for it. Have you tried a google search? I think I got mine from John Lewis and it was on special offer.

Now for the good and bad bits......... it does look good and packs away easily as the buildings stack inside each other. But things like doors haven't stood the test of time - actually I don't think it was long before parts did start coming off (and I'm talking days rather than weeks/months/years), leaving little tacks exposed. Once they came off I never put them back and it hasn't affected the play value.

Overall I think I was disappointed when doors and gates became detached from where they were supposed to be (so early), but the main buildings are still ok and the children do enjoy playing with it. I found I spent more on the animals than the actual farm.

Sorry if I've made your decision harder! :o

Hi I got a wooden farm set called Wooden Valley Farm set. It too stacks inside each other and it too had doors come off quickly. I managed to sort this out with an old metal coat hanger , and a pair of pliers and brute strength to create stronger hinges. They have lasted weeks now, but I am keeping a close eye on how safe this is. However I think the farm set is worth it. I got mine from a D&G catalogue about 2 years ago. I am sure it cost around £80. The buildings are quite large, a barn, farmhouse, stable, hen coop, and grain store, lots of fencing, a horse and chickens and doves, hay bales and sacks were included.

same here, looks lovely, bu doors were off in short order, so i hae left them off.The roofs aren't that sturdy either, knocks on the corners etc and our children haven't been particularly rough with it.All that said, it still looks lovely and it is generally sturdy

D&G Educational Independent family company, it says on the front of an old catalogue I have at home. The adress is, or was D&G Educational Ltd

Unit 2B Victoria Court

Colliers Way

Huddersfield

HD8 9TR TEL 01484 860506

• 3 weeks later...

Did you buy your new farm set Sue? I had a look at ours today and it has seen better days! I just wondered if you had found anything and what you thought?

Linda

No Linda, I haven't bought the farm set yet. I have been looking on ebay and everynow again one comes up but they are ELC - are they strong enough for use at Pre-school, I wonder?

I probably will get one from TTs if nothing else comes up soon.

Thanks

Sue J

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)