Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Daily Timetables Etc

Guest whizzbang

Guest whizzbang

Hi there,

I am new to this site and have been having a good old search around so i may be missing something but i would love a bit of help with a couple of things:

I currently am teaching an FS2 class which i took over in April and it is a mess, i have been working all the hours to turn it into a good learning space ready for september and catching up with almost non existent FSPs in the mean time!, changing planning, assessment, ta work - you name it i am doing it!!

I have a room most people would kill for, it is massive, i have a fully fitted kitchen, two smaller sub classrooms and another smaller room which i am changing into a multisensory special reading area, i have a massive outdoor space which has adequate provision but i am changing it too- so i really have to use this to the max, i will never have this great space to teach in again.

I would love to know how other people run their areas;

e.g. do you allow children to come in play, then bring them together for a literacy based while class activity then they all go off and do something literacy based or do a whole class input and then split them into group which roate and do different activities or let them learn through mostly CIP???

Also how do you put this onto a timetable for the powers that be??

I know this is a lot but i also have my new parents in on friday, i have had the kids in loads of times so they are pretty happy, i am doing a hopefully informal visit sitting round drinking tea but obviousley will still fit in some bits, what do you give to parents?

The school currently has a formal booklet, most of which is covered by the prospectus which i think is uneccessary- i would be interested to see other peoples if you are happy to share (likewise i will)

Thankyou in advance! and apologies for the length!!

Ours arrive and go straight to their base. Depending on the day depends on what they do eg change reading books/paired talk etc we register them and do a literacey based activity. They then go into the main areas and carry out activities of their chooing. We have a phonics and numeracy time during the day which they carry out in their bases as well.

Hi wizzbang and welcome.

You do sound as if you have a lovely teaching area. I hope you have some good support staff to help you maximise its potential. I do think you need to have teaching focus times, I have one first thing, one after play and one after lunch with a story before hometime. Sometimes you need to tell the children the activities that are available to them especially if you are having 'we are learning today to' focus.

Personally I like to gather the children altogether pretty much straightaway for registration as I have always worked in a school where that needed to be done quickly.

Good luck with your re-organisation!

I don't do very much whole class teaching only if its a big book, or its something i don't want to say 4 times.I have YR and some Y1's and so the ability range is quite vast. i do register almost immediately as the children all go to wake up shake up, so they come back to the classroom and sit straight on the carpet. I teach in ability (usually) groups so I can target the needs of the children, and while I am doing this the other children have free flow play, choosing from CI and AI activities both inside and outside.

This is my timetable if it helps

Weekly_timetable_Summer_2007.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)