Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

M6

hi i am new to the forum (well new to posting anyway!) i am trying to get started on my last unit which is M6-develop working relationships with other professionals. i have just finished C15 and my brain seems to have stopped functioning!! could anyone give my any pointers on how to get started i know when i get going i will be fine but just seem to have come to a halt with my mental function!!

i work in a reception class with reception and year one children would the school senco be classed as a different professional?

i hope you don't think im asking for you to tell me what to write i just need a point in the right direction

I would think your Area SENCO would count rather than (or as well as) the school SENCO ??????

Also health visitors, speech therapist, doctors etc.

Its been a long time since I did my NVQ but I think thats what I included in mine.

Hope this helps. Good luck, you must be on the way to completing. :o

Hi there, and thanks for that difficult first post - I remember the dry mouth and panic when I first posted - I had to turn the computer off and hide for a bit afterwards! Obviously, I've got over that, now..... :o

Sorry, the school senco isn't really a 'different professional'. What they're probably after is people like Health Visitors, Speech Therapists, Physios, Social Workers (are they still called that? has the name changed now it's no longer Social Services?) - the kind of range of people you might encounter working with a child with special needs or an 'at risk' child, really. You may find it tricky to evidence much of this unit so it's fortunate that it's a unit where NONE of the pcs require direct observation! I foresee many scenarios, much research for you and questioning by your Assessor here.

I should start by carefully going through the pcs and make notes of how you think you might be able to evidence them, then have a chat with your Assessor, who, after all, should be giving you guidance, as well as assessment!

Very good luck to you. Do please let us know how you go on. (I'm happy to help again if you get bogged down)

Sue

thanks for the support.

i have had to change settings half way through so have not had much contact with other professonals (due to building up trust) i start a new post in september with a child with cerebral palsy i will be meeting with his ocupational health officer, physio and teachers from his other school unfortunately this will happen too late! could i write about what i would/will do?

i was advised to do this unit as it was supposed to be easy! can't help feeling it wasn't the best decision(haha) too late to change so have to make the best of it!

i am on my third assessor who goes on holiday for two weeks on the 2nd july! she also has level two students so is not available very often for help!

Hi!

Well, none of that will help things, hey!! Yes, I would think it would be perfectly acceptable to write about your plans for this new challenge - you will still be able to show your awareness of the issues etc involved. When I was assessing, I would certainly have accepted this type of evidence for a unit such as M6 is.

It seems your 'advised' choice of option will be helpful for your next position, even though for the wrong advisory reasons!

Good luck again,

Sue

Guest tinkerbell

Has the school nurse been in to to do the reception screening? we also have the eye tests in school too.Other professionals could be your local police??Our community constable has beenin a couple of times to talk to each class in school.Do you have links with the nursey the children came from?I visit the 8 that my children come from and one of the nursery teachers has visited us too.

I don't know if any of this is of use..good luck

Tinkerbellxx

yes that is a help i organised a police vist but had discounted it for some reason??? we do have contact with the kindergarten as it is attached to the school thanks for the advise i think im beginning to get into it now!

:oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)