Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving Into Reception Class In September

Guest heleng

Guest heleng

Hello everyone,

I have been reading through various posts and discussions with interest as I am moving into Reception in September. I have been asked to introduce the EYFS, Letters and Sounds and various other bits and pieces!!

I currently teach in Year 1 and have always tried to use a play based approach as much as possible. The thing I am most interested in are the discussions on the Creative Learning Journey. We currently run a themed Friday where the curriculum is collapsed and the Rec, Y1 and Y2 children are mixed. They visit each of the three teachers and have an activity based around the theme with key objectives for their year group. This is great fun. We also occasionally have themed weeks.

So, getting back to the point. Does anyone have any advice for a 'newbie' into the Foundation Stage? Oh and at a recent course I discovered 'The Little Book of.......' series. I have looked on the reviews section and there are about 4 in there. Would other people recommend them?

Thank you :o

Helen

Hi Helen!

Well, there are actually quite a few more than 4!!

And YES!!! they come heartily recommended! You really can't do much better if you want a comprehensive starter with ideas on just about every area of the curriculum - and I promise I'm not on Sally Featherstone's payroll!!!

Sue :o

PS, Whoops! Hello and welcome to our lovely forum!!

Guest Wolfie

A big welcome from me too, Helen! I don't think I've come across any un-useful (is that a word?! :o ) books sold by Featherstone Education! And I'm not on the payroll either! Your Fridays sound like a really good initiative! xD

Welcome to the forum, and I'm sure you will find it really helpful. Everyone is so willing to give advice without judgement and it has been an absolute gosdend for me since moving from Year 2 to Reception. The Little books are brilliant and the other book I couldnt live without is Tom Thumbs Musical Maths by A&C Black

Hi Helen

Welcome from me too.

I joined the forum recently as I am moving from Yr 6 to Receptio in Sept and have already had so many ideas and help from this site.

You will get lots of advice and support here.

Moisy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)