Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need Help Applying For Dream Job

Last Friday I went to look around a school and absolutly fell in love with the place!

The head had me sold the second she explained how she wants to develop a forest school and that a brand new classoom is about to be built.

Thing is I really don't want to fall at the first Hurdle but she has asked 'Please tell us about yourself, your strengths and interests, amd why you were attracted yo our school' and well I don't know how formal / formal she wants me to be and how to say strengths but without sounding too - well you know!

Any advice would be appreciated as I have spent the last 5 years dreaming of a job like this

Thanks so much :oxD:(

Hi,

I would love to be able to help you, but not a Teacher, so unsure how to advise!! However, I would stress how your vision appears to be similar to that of the school...? And I'm sorry, but you've got to be - well you know!! I had to be once, and found a whole new life opening up, so don't be shy!! :o

Can you not gauge formality from how you found the HT and staff at visit?

Sue

Think of your self as another person and sell them. If your good then tell them there's no harm in tell the truth.

Good luck

Steph

hi clare

blow your own trumpet, thats what youve been asked to do and you will have to do so when you fill in those threshold forms!! If you dont tell them about you, no one else will and if they dont like what you say, you wouldnt have been happy there anyway!

Good luck.

this is always our first question

we are happy for people to be quite informal although I would use cards if you feel it would help but only put bullet points so you don't just read them out

you must sell yourself and thinking about yourself as another person is a really good idea

they want to know if you will fit in so be honest and try to relax - silly I know

Good Luck

Jo

Hi Clarew, You 'sold me' to how much you want this job in this post alone! Your enthusiasm just shone through! Tell them what you felt when you saw the advert,when you visited and what you might see for the future. Just be you!

Very good luck. I do know what it is like to be where you are. Went for School of my dreams and got it!

luluj

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)