Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsu Course

Elfy

Just thought I'd share with you....

Went on a managing FSU course today at the IOE which was run by the lady who has writtien the two articles on here. I would highly recomend this course to anyone thinking of setting up a unit. I went with my head, we had lots of ideas and it really helped to consolidate and validate them and help us move forward.

Would love to sit and read all the handouts she gave us now, but have to sit and sew wall hanging for art week exhibition....!

Elfy

x

Also where did you find out about the course? Are there more plannned do you know?

Edited by Guest

Apparently the course is run every term and it was our early years advisor who told us about it, but I did find some limited information about the course on the IOE's website under CPD in the early years.

Difficult to some up in a few words the key points, but for me it highlighted the importance of working as a team (which probably seems obvious), making sure their is enough time put aside to all sit together to talk about observations of the children and then planning accordingly. This is an issue for me as far as the ammount of hours the support staff are paid - when do you fit these meetings in? We also spent a long time unpicking the issues around transitions - many people where asking, well don't we have to prepare them for year 1? We also talked about the benifits for individualised learning plans.

Hope this helps

Elfy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)