Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Class Assembly - Help!

Hi, has anyone got any good ideas for a class assembly on our topic of growing,living things. We have been growing veg, have visited a farm and are hatching butterflies and stick insects etc. I have a few stories up my sleeve, but most are not really workable with 30 children. Getting despearate for a good framework to put songs and animal masks etc into! Thanks.

Edited by Guest

We're actually doing a class assembly on living things on wednesday - xD We've practised for about a week and have included all the things you've covered - each said a sentence about something to do with this - it went from an intro on how we grow - to what we want to be when we grow up. Then about the butterfly life cycle - we sing a great little song about a caterpillar and it's stages of growth from Muisc express and then talked about our visit to the farm - showing pictures. We finish off with the story of Jasper's beanstalk which two children read whilst another acted it out. Must say i was chuffed with one child who was a selective mute at the start of the year and read the story today infront of KS2 :o oh and we sang 6 little ducks to go with the farm! We did this with 38 children - ( joined two classes together ) and most had a line to say while a few were too shy to !! Anyway it all went qutie well so hope these ideas help!

'The Hungry Caterpillar' is an obvious story with lots of art work. Use song - 'There's a tiny caterpillar on a leaf, wiggle, wiggle' (from Bobby Shaftoe).

Hi, has anyone got any good ideas for a class assembly on our topic of growing,living things. We have been growing veg, have visited a farm and are hatching butterflies and stick insects etc. I have a few stories up my sleeve, but most are not really workable with 30 children. Getting despearate for a good framework to put songs and animal masks etc into! Thanks.

Why not use the song 'come on let's crawl gotta crawl, gotta crawl - to the ugly bugs ball, to the ball to the ball. What a happy time we'll have there, one and all. At the ugly bug's ball!! There are loads of verses where chldn can come in dressed as the appropriate bug!

Thanks all!! I am going to go and get my head down now and put something together, lots of ideas - 2 weeks and counting!

Kellsa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)