Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Triplets

Hi! I would love to hear anyone's experiences of triplets in a pre-school setting. We have just had 2 yr 8 month old non-identical triplets register. We've had twins before but never triplets!

Guest rhodessj

Hi Lisa

What a great opportunity! No experience to offer I'm afraid - just remember all they have in common is parentage; all children are individuals... If you can give them a different key-worker each, you should see their individuality shine through on paper.

Good luck - perhaps you can feed back here later on about how you're getting along.

Sandra :o

I would be interested too in anybody's experience with triplets as we have two boys and a girl starting in September!!! Like you Lisa we have had lots of twins before but never triplets. I am really looking forward to them starting!!

Linda

Small village pre-school:

We have had 2 sets of triplets through here in the last 13 years (both sets when I was committee, not staff). We have also had 4 lots of twins (only one set identical). In every case, the parents have wanted their children (even though siblings) treated completely independenty and have wanted us to encourage their separate interests and friendships.

Both sets of triplets were deliberately moved to primary schools with multiple intake classes.

Our present set of twins attend together on the same days but go elsewhere (separately) on others.

We have never had problems with the twins or triplets, nor with different age siblings simultaneously attending the setting (and this often happens). Parents just need each of their children treated as individuals - this is easy.

Diane.

Hi Lisa!

Yes, I really am sad enough to be here at such an ungodly hour!! :o No excuse, just can't sleep - "what!? no FSF tomorrow (today?) aaargh!!! xD

We had non-identical triplets, 2 girls and a boy at my old pre-school about 11 years ago. It was a difficult experience, they were IVF babies and Mum was just so anxious about her whole experience! It was really sad, as everyone wanted things to work out, but in the end they were taken out - I don't know what happened when they reached school age! They were lovely children, all real personalities, all different, we had several false starts, but you know how it is sometimes......... :(

One of my big disappointments!

Sorry, that's not quite what you wanted to hear, was it? :(

Will be really interested to hear how it goes for you and Linda, both! Sure you'll be fine! :(

Sue :D

Hi, i had the pleasure of triplets about four years ago, two boys and a girl (not identical) and they were fine, we never had any problems! They all relied on each other very closely at first, we noticed that if one went to the toilet then they all did! but became more independent of each other with time. Their mum was lovely, very laid-back, a case of having to be I guess, & we even ended up offering her a job (we felt that if she could cope with triplets she could cope with anything!!)

The triplets in question came to Nursery yesterday - we run 2 afternoon sessions for 2 - 3 year olds much like the old 'playgroup' set-up. They were absolutely delightful! Quite advanced for their years, polite, funny and they had an absolute ball, wanting to have a go at everything all at once (much like any other 2 year old!). They are chatty and very independent of each other. It was interesting to watch Mum interact with them too, as Senigh said, quite laid back/relaxed. Unlike the twins we had a few years ago, the triplets were not vying for her attention but confident in their own abilities and keen to explore the new environment. A good start!