Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Information For New Parents

We have got a meeting in two weeks time for the parents of the new reception children. I was just wondering what other schools give out at these meetings, as the head would like me to put together some general information about the foundation stage and anything else I feel relevant (probably as a handout). I am currently an NQT and feeling a bit anxious about the parents meeting. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks x

Have you got enough info or are you still stuck.I am happy to help if you are, we do quite a lot of work with parents in this respect and i have a few ideas. Let me know if you need any - if i'm not too late.

Kellsa :o

I know the feeling! It's a good time for reminders - there are many so I typed up a generic list and put onto chairs before people arrived.

Times / Dates for start + holidays

Contact details and proceedures

Times that are best to see you + other ways of communicating e.g. Reading Record

Labelling EVERYTHING, water bottle, book bag, coat, hats, gloves.

Parent volunteers

Plus activties they can do to help their child feel positive - e.g. choosing pack lunch and making together, trying on uniform and PE kit (good practice!) choosing books from the Library about school.

Oh and I found this lovely booklet posted by somebody before - very useful.

reading_for_parents.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)