Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition To Primary School

hi every1 can anybody help me out im going to transition afternnoon at a primary school for our nursery leavers, can anybody just let me know whats involoved as its the first time im going and im not sure what to expect. :o

I think i panicking over nothing but just need to make sure

Guest Wolfie

Don't panic, I'm sure that you'll have a lovely afternoon. It'll be an opportunity for your nursery leavers to get their first glimpse of the school environment and to meet their teachers for September. Hopefully the staff will have prepared some interesting activities and resources for the children to play with and will be able to spend time starting to get to know the children. I'm sure that any information that YOU can give the school staff about the needs, interests, etc. of the individual children will be gratefully received!! It'll be nice for you to see where your children are going to be in September as well.

There have been some ohter posts on the forum about lovely transition ideas and initiatives run by other settings - if you have a look, you might get some good ideas that maybe you can suggest to the school staff for your 2008 leavers! :o

Don't panic, I'm sure that you'll have a lovely afternoon. It'll be an opportunity for your nursery leavers to get their first glimpse of the school environment and to meet their teachers for September. Hopefully the staff will have prepared some interesting activities and resources for the children to play with and will be able to spend time starting to get to know the children. I'm sure that any information that YOU can give the school staff about the needs, interests, etc. of the individual children will be gratefully received!! It'll be nice for you to see where your children are going to be in September as well.

There have been some ohter posts on the forum about lovely transition ideas and initiatives run by other settings - if you have a look, you might get some good ideas that maybe you can suggest to the school staff for your 2008 leavers! xD

Thank u so much i clicked on the link and it was very helpful, il let u know how it goes thanks a :o gain

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)