Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Year/term Ideas................

That time of the year is nearly upon us again.....can't believe how quick it goes

What are you doing for your end of term, last year we did a teddy bears picnic. Thinking of doing a fun afternoon (sports day really) and just wondering if anyone has done this or thinking of doing it :o

would love to hear about your past and present events

mrsb xD

We have had a mad idea to do a wedding, our children are really in to getting married at the moment, so we have decided to do a wedding, we are going to make invitations, choose a bride and a groom, some bridesmaids, page boys, then have a buffett for snack and a disco with some music etc................

If you have a link with a local church (place of worship) they may hold the ceremony for you. Our local vicar is lovely. All the parents grandparents aunts and uncles get dressed up in their best clothes and join us. The Brides father gives her away. Then back to school for the reception. One mum even made a three tier wedding cake!

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...amp;#entry43049

Edited by Marion

We went to the local register office a few years ago. They were great - let the children dress up, did a mock ceremony, let us take photos, and even treated the kids to refreshements.

This year we might do a Teddy Bears' Picnic across the road at the care home for the elderly with which we've built up a good relationship.

I buy a helium balloon kit and all the children have a helium balloon tied to their wrist. Then we go out and sit in the field, and have a time when we think about the year we've had - what we've liked and what we haven't and think about what we're looking forward to next year. Then all the children cut their strings and we watch the balloons float away.

We are having a Hawaiian style party. We had the first one about three years ago and the kids enjoyed it so much we seem to do it each year for our leavers party! We spend the last week of term making paper flower garlands, pineapple and palm tree decorations etc. Then on the day we make a huge fruit punch, all the kids dress up in flowery/beach clothes etc. We even have one of those limbo dancing games and I do palm tree face painting (the only face painting I can do!). Its always a fun colourful party and the parents love it as much as the kids.

Good luck with your weddings.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest katylouise1984

I am having this struggle too!! I have lots of boisterous boys at the moment! and we have shared numerous ideas together. They would LOVE a Pirate party or a Harry Potter Party! I thought a Superhero party would be fab or simply a fancy dress party! We are having ours in August as we are a PDN!

I love the idea of having a powerpoint presentation of pre schools moments of the year, it's fab! I want to do this every year now! I guess a nic gift to build up over the year would be a personalised disc for each child! How lovely!

We are having a mega end to the year time. On Wednesday we are having a Teddy bears Picnic (come sports day without parents ) on Thursday we are having a Prom and on Friday we are having an entertainer and party. Then I'm going to collapse!!!

Does anyone want to share any good end of yeat/term ideas to inspire. Here's mine..

Cherio towers. Get a large box of Cherio's cereal and some quite thin straws. Pur the straws onto a paper plate ( use blu-tac) and ask the children to build a tower. When the reach the top they can count them, compare sizes ( if using different sized straws) talk about honey,look at the shape and shades, have races. Lots more -and are great for motivating and using fine motor skills. Another idea is to thread onto string and hang outside for some very lucky birds and squirrels.

I would love some outdoor and indoor fun ideas for next weeek!!

Cheers! :o

Hi Sunshine,

I've merged your topic with the other one on this subject and moved them both to a more appropriate place. xD Good luck with all the end of term ideas - we broke up last week so I have been relaxing all week. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)