Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Witness Testimony

Hi, has anyone done or doing the A1 assessors award?? I'm getting on well but have to write up a witness testimony..................can anyone share with me one of these, not sure how to lay it out on paper!!!!

your help would be greatly received :o

mrsb

When should witness testimony be used?

A witness testimony is a statement, which supports your (the candidate’s) evidence of competence. A witness testimony should only be used as supporting evidence and should:

* Be provided by a person, not related to the candidate, who is in a position to make valid comment about your performance.

* Contain comments, which relate your performance to the NVQ standards.

* Be authenticated by the witness’s signature and date. The witness status list must be completed by every witness.

The witness testimony should include:

The relationship of the witness to the candidate

* A description of the activity undertaken by the candidate

* How the activity relates to the performance criteria

* When and in what context, was the activity observed

I didn't have to write a witness statement for my A1 but hope this helps a bit. :o

Hi Mrsb,

I got my A1 Assessors certificate just over two years ago, i did not have to do a witness testimony on myself as that is not what a witness testimony is. Are you having to write a witness testimony for one of your candidates, as part of my trainning at the time was to observe one of my candidates at an activity, i then wrote a witness testimony for the candidate as i also worked in the nursery at the same time as i was doing my A1 award.

I have attached a sample of a witness testimony as to how i did one for a candidate i was observing.

If you need any further advice just ask me.

If you do need a witness testimony based on you, i wonder if that is for when someone is observing you observing your candidate as i remember my manager observed me having a meeting and anobservation with my candidate, my manager at the time then wrote up a witness testimony to confirm what i did. Hope that makes sense.

Rosepetal

WITNESS_TESTIMONY.doc

Hi Mrsb,

I got my A1 Assessors certificate just over two years ago, i did not have to do a witness testimony on myself as that is not what a witness testimony is. Are you having to write a witness testimony for one of your candidates, as part of my trainning at the time was to observe one of my candidates at an activity, i then wrote a witness testimony for the candidate as i also worked in the nursery at the same time as i was doing my A1 award.

I have attached a sample of a witness testimony as to how i did one for a candidate i was observing.

If you need any further advice just ask me.

If you do need a witness testimony based on you, i wonder if that is for when someone is observing you observing your candidate as i remember my manager observed me having a meeting and anobservation with my candidate, my manager at the time then wrote up a witness testimony to confirm what i did. Hope that makes sense.

Rosepetal

Hello, I'm writing a witness testimony for another assessor on her candidate( we all work in the same setting)she is doing the same for me.......apparently we have to have one for our portfolio.

Thanks for the attachment, I think i will use this.

mrsb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)