Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transport Topic Planning

Macca

Hi there!

Just about to start a topic on 'Transport' and before I begin endless hours of planning myself, thought I would see if anyone else has any good ideas first. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Julie x

Hi there!

Just about to start a topic on 'Transport' and before I begin endless hours of planning myself, thought I would see if anyone else has any good ideas first. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Julie x

We focussed on one type of transport each week - road, rail, air, water. This gave a more cohesive feel to the topic and the travel agents shop was multi use! Also gave us a chance to look at other cultures during the air travel week, we 'flew' to a different country each day, had food from there, saw the flag and other relevant items, listened to music from the country etc. We chose places to reflect the cultural mix of our group. The children loved it. Lots of science during the water travel week, Mr Gumpy's outing was a good bo0k to use. Have attached some planning I think!

19_MARCH_07_Other_areas_planning_______Theme.doc

19_MARCH_07_Other_areas_planning_______Theme.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)