Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oooo Some Agencies

beth1

One of my agencies keep ringing me up to see if I can work as an exam invigilator. :o Well I have been looking on the internet about them and I have found out that you need to have eaither traning or qualification for the job. xD

I am not qualified to do such a task as a nursery nurse. :rolleyes: I have sent them an email telling them this before but I think it went in one ear out the other senario. This place only seems to have this type of work going at the moment and the others don't seem to have much day to day work going eather. I feel like sending another email in block captials that I am not suitable for this line of work. xD

On a postive note though one of my agencies have asked me to work from next week for a couple weeks to cover in a primary school where I live. :( I am looking forward to working in school again, must try and find a school to work in. :( Well thats if they will let me have time off to study to become a Early Years Professional. :( :wacko:

Beth

Agencies do tend to go a bit quiet this time of beth so they are probably just trying to find a way of you both earning, but I do know of some agencies that just dont listen :o

Dont forget though that if you work in a setting and then want to apply for a job with them, the agency are entitled to ask a severence fee from the setting which might put them off employing you. Just thought I'd remind you in case you go to the primary and then discover they have a permenant position available xD

You don't actually need qualifications or experience for this type of work Beth although some settings will offer training and prefer people with experience of working with children so it might be worth pursuing in the short term. Good Luck with the job applications in the meantime.