Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Growing/ Mini Beast Displays

Hey there.. does anyone have any good ideas/ pictures for displays... topic is still growing but going on to mini beast in a few weeks so can over lap to a certain extent!.. had a look on the forum display pics but only 1 mini beast one...

any pics or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks in advance x

Could you do 'The very hungry caterpillar' or the Bad tempered ladybird or you could do patterns such as stripes -bees; spots -ladybirds; various -butterflies/caterpillars and stick on rhymes such as 'Here is a beehive', 'There's a tiny caterpillar on a leaf',etc

Could you do 'The very hungry caterpillar' or the Bad tempered ladybird or you could do patterns such as stripes -bees; spots -ladybirds; various -butterflies/caterpillars and stick on rhymes such as 'Here is a beehive', 'There's a tiny caterpillar on a leaf',etc

thats a great idea thanks.. cant really do th ehungry caterpillar because we covered that as a topic a little while ago.. i like the sound of the pattern idea thoigh. thansk so much :)

I did a display on the life cycle of a butterfly. The children created a big buddleia bush with purple tissue paper and we had lots of precut butterflies which they squeezed paint onto and then folded them to give a symettrical pattern. The eggs (rice) were glued on leafs - stinging nettle shaped and we dyed some pasta for the caterpillars. Background was painted by the kids - lots of blues all mix toge4ther and applied with different brushes rollers etc with white clouds and of course glitter and brown sludgy soil again painted with a range of brushes, rollers hands etc. If you staple the butterflies in the middle then you can have their wings coming off the paper. You can then add in any other mini beasts you like. Not so sure I got the right plants but it looked good. I also created a large display with wool shaped into a web and the children cut out black sugar paper bodies and added legs - as many or as few as they could count up to! they added eyes and of course we added glitter to the wool web - we always like glitter. Or the hungy caterpillar story outlined on paper - we used our role play food. We also made dragon flies - if you can get some irridescent paper, it makes lovely wings and they can add them to the shiny turquoise bodies.

Nikki

We did growing last half term, minibeasts this half term - we have a large display that we have added to over the term, we've called it 'Jasper's Garden' (a mixtue of Jasper's Beanstalk and Oliver's Vegetables) so we have sky, ground and underground with flowers, vegetables etc so that we can see roots. This half term we will add minibeasts and make appropriate environments for them - worms in the ground, woodlice under logs, butterflies flying etc. I can take a photo if you like, but it is an ongoing display that the chn. keep adding to.

We did growing last half term, minibeasts this half term - we have a large display that we have added to over the term, we've called it 'Jasper's Garden' (a mixtue of Jasper's Beanstalk and Oliver's Vegetables) so we have sky, ground and underground with flowers, vegetables etc so that we can see roots. This half term we will add minibeasts and make appropriate environments for them - worms in the ground, woodlice under logs, butterflies flying etc. I can take a photo if you like, but it is an ongoing display that the chn. keep adding to.

ah a photo would be great!!! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)