Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

In The Air

Last ½ term we had great fun with ‘Under the Sea’, the whole ceiling hanging with sea creatures and streamers, we made a gorgeous coral reef and even a pirate ship that took up most of the class room. This ½ term, the theme is ‘In the Air’ ( it seemed like a good idea at the time). And I need help!

I have thought of air transport (role play –cockpit of plane, writing area – travel agents) balloons, kites, bubbles. Now I am stuck, can any of you wonderful people help with some activities to cover ‘In the Air’

I will be very grateful

Thinking laterally, you could do loads of stuff with the natural world - bees, wasps, butterflies and all manner of other flying insects... Have you thought about seeds that fly? Or birds? You could draw a big tree on the wall and add all the things that might fly up to, down from or over the tree.....

Sarahx :o

A few years ago we blew up balloons using helium and each child attached a message to one, the school address was on the back asking people who found the balloon to send the note back adding where they found it. The children loved letting the balloons go in the playground and guessing how far they would go.

Another idea we used in the space theme was making water rockets that flew - found it on the internet, we had competitions to see whose could fly the highest - it was a big hit.

Hope this helps

Guest Wolfie

We did a little experiment with helium balloons - we attached a very lightweight basket underneath and gave the children all sorts of heavy and light objects to put in the basket and see if the balloon still stayed in the air or went down to the ground.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)