Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Daily Plans

What do you display for your parents on the activities covered for the day/week? Do you just display your weekly plans or do you have a different format for letting them know what happening that day/week? (apart from a newsletter)

My old setting was visited by Ofsted last month and they were picked up on the fact that there was no information displayed for parents on the weekly plans, even though they do a comprehensive newsletter? My present setting does not display information on whats going on weekly/daily?

Thank you

Jenni

Our weekly plans are on the doors to the room, in the hallway and in the foyer. Focus activities are highlighted in red and BTTM activities are highlighted in whichever colour of the component they relate to.

We also have quick glance planning which briefly lists the activities going on in each room.

Edited by Clare

I am much the same as Clare but I also put up a topic/theme overview in a kind of mind map/spider gram form to inform parents of the kind of activities that will be covered over the coming weeks. Hope this helps:)

We have a large whiteboard. I put on any activities for the week at the beginning of the week and also change the daily activities. Parents can look at our planning if they wish, but I feel that unless you are working with it on a daily basis it may not make a lot of sense.

Linda

We have a whiteboard which gives a timetable for the session which is used by staff as well. We also have a A4 sheet showing what we will be doing over the week in all the different areas. We also pull out the stepping stones/aspect we will be covering that week again on A4. If anything, the parents look at the daily session plan.

I feel like I am sinking under a sea of paperwork!!! I have done the 6 weeks plans but trying to do something that will inform the parents of what the children get out of each activity will take hours and hours. I have done continuous provision sheets for the various areas of the hall eg sand/role play etc etc but Ofsted like to see something on the notice board. Do you think just putting up the weekly plans will be sufficient even though they dont state components/stepping stones just the areas such as KUW, Physical etc??

Please help before I drown!

Jenni xx

We have just had our inspection and the inspector was very happy with our whiteboard. I just write on the activity with a very brief explanation of what it is about and the area it covers. So if we were doing number rhymes I would put "Number rhymes-maths activity for counting to 5". If we were doing an activity talking about being kind I would write "Being kind to one another-an activity to develop personal, social and emotional skills through discussion using puppets".

We have the board in the entrance hall and most parents look at it on a daily basis and even the children now ask what they will be doing that day. I also write on what the colour, shape, and number of the week are.

Keep it simple Jenni-there's no point in putting up pieces of paper that parents don't look at or even sometimes don't understand. And you don't need to be making too much work for yourself either.

Linda

Bless you, I feel better now. I will keep it simple and once I get to know the staff etc it should be easier to get them involved too! Rome wasnt built in a day!

Jenni x

When our termly newsletter is sent out each year gets a different edition. The first pages are all identical, dates schoolassociation etc. but the second is class based it has a letter from the teacher on one side and an outline for each topic on the other.

As well as this the Nursery also puts up a weekly update with anything different happening that week, the phonics for the week and a bitcovering the good points of the week before.

As a parent I have welcomed the outlines as they at least give a starting point for discussion as I know that schools do not teach ' can't remember' and you can be ready for the questions 'do we have any?'

Hope that helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)