Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoors - Covering All Areas Of The Curriculum

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help. Our nursery has decided to start doing a topic web for how we cover all areas of the curriculum outdoors. Our theme this month is 'Fairytales' and I am at a loss about what to do - its hard enough sometimes thinking about what to do indoors :o I was thinking about encouraging the children to make houses for the 3 little pigs out of our big blocks and leaving out straw and sticks as well (Physical and Creative). I had also thought about leaving out dressing up clothes, playing 'whats the time Mr Wolf' (maths) but Im now getting a bit stuck. If any of you have any ideas I would be really grateful.

Many thanks.

G.

Guest tinkerbell

I could kick myself Golilocks because I saw some yesterday!

I can't remember the website :oxD

I do know I was looking at www.primary plan and they have some useful stuff

Sorry tinkerbellx

Jack and the beanstalk child sized objects and giant sized ones sort by size use language of size eg childs shoe and a 'giant' shoe could also collect golden eggs and match quantities to numbers.

Red Ridinghood make a map using small world figures talk about features wood trees homes etc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)