Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice Please

beth1

I have a few application forms to fill out this week. :o I am having fun in the employment section.

Right this example may explain it better:

Lets call each employer 1 and 2 for cofidenciallty (sp) reasons

I have worked with employer 1=3 times March to May 06 (went to work for employer 2 which I have a reason for leaving), then September to October 06 (again I have a reason for leaving), then again April to May 07 (this time should have been long term contact that turned out to be 3 weeks not been given any contact since)

I have worked with employer 2=2 times May to September 06(no hours given so worked with employer 1 again) and then January to April 07 (this time I went to work at the long term contact job that turned out to be for 3 weeks)

I have also worked voluntary in between November 06 to February 07.

Last week I worked for a new agency for 4 days, I have put this as my most recent employer.

Consdering I am constantly jumping from the same employer's every few months. I am unsure what to put in the reason for leaving boxes? It is only the last copule of times so that will be April 07 then May 07 and now this new one. I want it to look good at the moment it looks as if I am jumping from each employer for no reason other than choice of hours.

Athough looking at my work with employer 2 I have never left the job infact I am still on the list of employees who can work in the various settings. So really I have worked with them from May 06 until now as I have never had a P45 given to me.

If you can help that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Beth

Personally i would put that down with no leaving date and if you are concerned maybe in brackets something that means you are there for emergency/a sub if you like.

I would read that as they cannot afford to take you on but are happy and trusting of you to keep you on reserve. Maybe if asked push for the fact that you had so many hours to do and were happy to experience numberous placements for the educational value?

Good Luck. :o

I'd agree with Susan Beth, if I applied for a job I'd say I'd been with the agency and state how long for, but I wouldnt list all the places I'd been to. It would be down to the prospective employer to ask the agency for a reference and they, hopefully would have had feedback form various places over the time.

Good luck :o