Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reports Aaaaghhh

It's a training day at our school today and teachers have been given the day to work from home to write reports. I have only been doing them for 2 hours and already i am losing the will to live!!!!!

We sent ours out early this time, we had issues we needed to discuss with some parents so brought Parent's Evening forward. I can enjoy the fact mine are done!!

You have my sympathies

Sue

Have had a non-contact day for report writing too! Can't even 'go there' at the moment I only have 19 children! It's just the thought of starting! Empathy for my KS2 colleagues with 30 plus to write!

Went to town just to buy a paper and bought a book by one of my favourite authors. (Pay day treat!) Will be regretting it tomorrow! Must feel good to have made a start no matter how small.

luluj

You are so lucky - we get a total of (let me add it up.....) NO time to write reports!!! So mine are going to be cut and paste as I haven't got time to do them properly. Our parents don't read them anyway!

Snap puzzles ........ report writing is my half term holiday. Though, lets be honest a day can't possibly cover it! Nice to think though that you're given a bit of time.

Good luck everyone.

Finished mine! As SLT we decided to write reports early this year as summer term is always so busy with assessments and handing classes and info over etc. Is much much better knowing that now I have done them and can concentrate on something else.

The only one still suffering is the head who has 180 to read through and write a personal comment! Ah well thats the job for you! Well thats what I told her, can't print her reply! :o

You are all going to hate me for this - but as a retired teacher, report writing is one thing I do not miss! Just had an email from an ex-colleague who said she was going to spend her half-term report writing. :oxD:(:( Sorry!!

Ahh memories of half term sitting writing 30 reports and thinking of x different ways to say the same thing as parents of A and B are best mates etc etc. Something I do not miss at all! We only write annual reviews for our kids and I have 7 of those to do and I've just finished! I say only annual reviews but they are about 4500 words each so I guess it averages out really.

Hope you can enjoy some of your half term.

You are so lucky - we get a total of (let me add it up.....) NO time to write reports!!! So mine are going to be cut and paste as I haven't got time to do them properly. Our parents don't read them anyway!

Some parents do read reports, my daughter was quite dismayed last year when reading her son Bens' report, unfornutaley the teacher used the cut and paste method and left the whole of the maths section as 'sarah' instead of Ben xD:o

I personally enjoy writing my preschool childrens record of transfers because it leaves me with a sense of pride on how far the children have progressed and reminds me of all the variety of activities and learning the children have participated in over their time with us. The work is shared between all staff to also enable them to feel that their job really is worthwhile. :(

Peggy

Oh Peggy thats a shame for your daughter! I had the same thing happen to me for my daughter. The teacher was mortified, especially as I wasnt the only one she had done it to, and she was my Deputy Head at the time!

That's why our head reads them all through, for proof reading as well as for her own comment.

I agree with you about the progress and the sense of achievement I feel for the team when you are reminded about just how far the children have moved on.

Hi everyone,

I'm an NQT and this is my first year writing reports! I am very scared by the prospect and was wondering if any of you lovely people would show me a report you have written. Its just to get an idea of the wording etc.

Thank you so much

Rachel.