Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Point 9 On Numbers As Labels For Counting

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone teaches place value in reception? It's just that I have some children in my class who should be getting point 9 on the profile for NLC. They can do all of the things that are described in the profile but I wouldn't say they had developed a good understanding of place value because we haven't taught it!

For those children that are ready and achieving point nine I would do some simple place value work with them..... Some of our more ables have done a little place value work this is more because we have year 1 s in our classes to... but they seems to understand it quite well.... and can say how many tens and how many units in the teen numbers.

Lorna

Hi Becky,

Am teaching place value in Reception solely because many Sept starters were fairly high achievers on entry in September so it was important to move them on!

Spring starters a different kettle of fish!

luluj

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)