Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snack Bar - Continuous Provision Sheet

No , but I have the book 'Snack Time' By Jenni Clark - I won it in a comptition! It's a t work, but if there is anything useful for continuous prov. I'll post it tomorrow. At the moment I am re-writing all my cont prov to SPECIFICALLY meet the 5 outcomes for children. Not done 'snack bar' yet -it's a looooooooonnnnngggg job

NOTES:

Develop increasing independence in choosing, organising and tidying up during play, in dressing and personal hygiene

and in serving themselves and others at snack- or lunch-time. They should be encouraged to

persevere with tasks that at first present some difficulties but also know when and how to seek help.

All the children benefit by:

• taking part in an enjoyable, informal snack time

• developing independence and confidence

• making choices

• learning new skills of planning and recording

• forming positive relationships with other children

• recognising their own name (self register).

Take part in short and more extended conversations

Encouraging children to adopt healthy dietary habits, exercise and hygiene brings immediate and lasting benefits.

Children set their own places at the table and are encouraged to serve themselves from the serving dishes. Staff encourage children to try the variety of food available but would never force a child to finish something he/she dislikes or a miscalculated second helping! Children take it in turns to serve glasses, water, pudding bowls etc, and everyone clears away their own dishes.

the underpinning philosophy is:

•eating should be promoted as an enjoyable activity, as well as one that contributes to good health

•the settings role should be to develop children’s ability to make informed food choices

•the eating habits of individuals and families should be acknowledged and respected.

The aims are to:

•encourage children to develop positive attitudes towards eating, both through the formal curriculum and all the other learning

opportunities that occur during the day

•provide experiences to develop the children’s enjoyment of food as well as their ability to make informed choices

•promote an understanding of a balanced diet in which some foods play a greater role than others

•develop pupils’ understanding of the importance of the social contexts in which eating takes place

•provide guidance so that the messages about food and nutrition are consistent across all activities

providing water for the children to drink freely throughout the

day.

•name a range of different foods

•understand that like foods can be grouped, for example, as fruit or vegetables

•appreciate that foods in the same group have different characteristics such as tastes

•express their likes and dislikes

•begin to understand that different foods come in a variety of

different forms.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)