Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Contact Books

Thinking of introducing a 'contact book' for all the children & parents. Basically, a small book which will sit in a plastic wallet with the child's name on and any general comments from staff or parents can be added.

Obviously, if there was a real problem then parents would still be aware that we offer an 'open door policy' and they can talk to any member of staff at any time. I feel that particularly at the beginning and end of each session it can get pretty busy and often it's difficult to talk to parents properly, especially about any minor things.

Does any other setting already have a system like this in place???If yes, does it work? if no, would consider it or do you think it's not a good idea??

I think a lot of day nurseries have this but I cant see how we could possibly do this with 24 children in a 2half/3 hr session i just about have time to quickly go and write out in the foyer what we have done and what we have had for snack. But i am interested on what others say How many in a session for you MRSB?

Guest Wolfie

I'm introducing them at the nursery I support, as part of implementing a key person system. I feel it's important to have some method of communication for days when parents don't get to see their child's key person but need to pass on information, or vice versa.

I'm quite sure that some parents will never use them but I'm hoping that it will give others a good way of passing on important messages and info - and from the nursery side it saves the members of staff on the late shift having to remember all sorts of little bits of info to pass onto different parents! Well, that's the theory anyway - I'll see how we get on! :o

Guest MaryEMac

We have them but at the start we tell parents that they will be written in at least once a week.We also ask the parents to initial any comments made so that we know that they have seen them. Most of them don't do this and only a very few write in them. We sent home easter cards in with their comment books and one child's card was still in there for over a week when we came back after holidays!!

Mary

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)