Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Information Packs For Parents

hi

as a nursery we have a whole nursery information pack for parents. but i wanted to put together a pack of information about Birth to three matters and the foundation stage.... so that parents can learn a bit more about these frameworks.... but i don't know where to start.... i don't want to make it too long winded or jargon filled for them, but i want it to be professional and informative, yet easy to read and take in.....

so how wlould you go about putting such a pack together....

i thought i could:

write a little about each framework, using info in BT3 pack and FS guidance for this info.

i then thought i could write a little about how we use BT3 and FS in our environment, maybe do a spider diagram of the areas of nursery and areas of BT3 and FS they meet....

any other ideas?

Dawn

Hi Dawn

Is it worth doing separate information for B23 and FSC? I know that the new EYFS doesn't come on line until September 2008 but are you going to create work for yourself that you will have to change not that far into the future? If it was me doing this I would look at the new foundation stage document and try to use this as a basis.

Linda

I agree with Linda; it will only be usd for a year or so, and then you'll have to adapt it.

In the meantime, you are very welcome to use any of these. They are leaflets I've written for parents when I was working at a Children's Centre.

Birthtothreelongtermaims.doc

Bto3page1.doc

Bto3page2.doc

FS_at_DIN.doc

FS_at_DINpage2.doc

Guest Wolfie

Helen, I'm sure that those will be very useful to a lot of people - thanks! I think we're all looking ahead and wondering just how much time it is worth spending producing new documentation linked to B23 and Foundation Stage so these will no doubt ease the workload of many of us!

Thanks again! :o

Hi Linda,

I need to do it as part of EYP (improving parent information) and also as part of one of our ofsted reccomendations,which apparently my director was dealing with but i now realise she hasn't done it yet!!!! :o

Dawn

Hi Dawn

Is it worth doing separate information for B23 and FSC? I know that the new EYFS doesn't come on line until September 2008 but are you going to create work for yourself that you will have to change not that far into the future? If it was me doing this I would look at the new foundation stage document and try to use this as a basis.

Linda

Dawn, DFES and surestart do parent info leaflets on both. Shame you are given a task that will be out of date so soon, and a task that is basically re-inventing the wheel, so to speak. Even when the new EYFS comes into place ther will be information in parent friendly leaflet form, Im sure.

Just an idea for a format for your leaflets, why not try a FAQ style. ie: ask a question a parent may ask, and answer it.

also think about including pictures, and don't forget parents who have english as a second language. :o

Enjoy.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)