Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Msn Users Beware

Andreamay

just seen this warning on another forum

Beware of a new virus that is doing the rounds within MSN messenger.

If you get a message from one of your contacts telling you they've got a new photo album to look at it, ignore it !! These messages although they look as if they're from your friend are not and if you open it you get the virus !!

Apparantly some have been caught out!

Andrea

Guest Wolfie

Thanks for that warning- I'll pass it on to my two teenagers who spend most of their waking lives on MSN it seems to me!! :o

Thanx andreamay, so is it the norm for msn to be, the be all and end all of a teenagers life.

My daughter and I have just had another argumernt about msn and I threatened to get rid of it. She then threatened to never speak to me again if I did.

MMMMMMMMMMM tempting

Net xx

Guest Wolfie

Well I committed the ultimate sin...my son went to have a shower and left his MSN on....so I had a little chat with one of his girlfriends whilst he was gone! :oxD:( .....luckily he saw the funny side of it!

wolfie...

often done that with my sons friends on the occasions when he is home and leaves it on...

they are now quite used to chatting with Mum!!

must admit the shocked silence when I answered his phone recently was a classic...he did tell me to!! He was in shower and waiting for a call. Had a lovely chat with Katie!!

and had one with Bea, Sam, Kelly!!!! (note all female!!) The best one is he has chats with thier Mums too!!

Inge

Guest Wolfie

It's nice when they're so relaxed chatting to you isn't it - I don't remember being as confident as that chatting to friends' mums when I was a teenager!!! :o

Yes ,

nice to have them want to talk to you ... even get the occasional email from them..........

may be something to do with us taking them out for meals when we go visiting though :o

Inge

my sons friends are now young adults and have known them for a while now.

Edited by Inge

I wonder if this is the same one we got last year. It was a real pain to get rid of too. It happened when our neighbours daughter was here and used MSN on our computer - she denied that she had clicked on any links to any photo's but we had the virus and she was the only one who had used the computer that night. :o

It took my husband about 5 days to totally eradicate it and get the computer up and running properly. McAfee was completely useless which is why we no longer have it. xD

Me to I'm passing it on right now. although I'm just as bad I talk to alot of friends abroad so wouldn't be without MSN.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that chats to their sons friends when they'r not around. wonder if its a boy thing!! :o

Guest Wolfie

The biggest probems in our house occur when my son chats to my daughter's friends when SHE'S left MSN on and gone away - he's extremely good at making mischief and has wreaked havoc on more than one occasion!!!!

"You've ruined my life!" is her usual response!

:o hmmmmm. We had this a couple of weeks ago. B****y nightmare it was. In the end I managed to use system restore to get rid of it. One of the kids opened it on their msn!