Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Communicating Matters 2

Hi,

Has anyone done module 2 of Communicating Matters yet? If so could you tell me a bit about it?

Guest Wolfie

Hi - I'm delivering the first day of it on Wednesday! The second module builds on all the knowledge and work developed in Module 1. It really concentrates on ways in which children use language and communication to interact with each other and with adults, examining in detail the different purposes for which they use language. As in Module 1, you are asked to undertake a task between the two days; this time it is a mini action research project which I think will be a lot easier if you are working with children at the top end of "early years". However, I still think the module is worthwhile even if you are working with younger ones, it'll be up to the trainers delivering it to make sure that they illustrate the relevance of the content to your age group.

I think you definitely need to have done Module 1 first to get the most out of it - we've made it a condition in our area.

Let me know if you need any more details!

Edited by Wolfie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wolfie

Well I've now delivered the whole of Module 2 and have to say that it went much better than I anticipated and everyone, including me, enjoyed both days immensely. In our area, the course is deliverd by two people in partnership, one with an early years background and one sppech and language therapist. One of the highlights for me has been learning about the role and practice of the therapists and finding out about their approaches and diagnostic practice.

Once again, I would urge anyone who sees this course advertised to sign up! It's really good and encourages you to reflect on your practice in a very effective way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)