Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Many Is Most..?

Just a quick query about the CLL Profile scale 5 - Holds a pencil and uses it effectively to form recognisable letters, most of which are correctly formed. How many is most? and do you award the point if the letters are correctly formed but incorrectly orientated?

Thanks for all of your help.

I think this depends on which LA you are in. This was discussed at one of our cluster/moderation meetings earlier in the year along with some of the other points which are not very clearly worded. We decided that most means 80% but as I said, your LA may issue different guidance.

Edited by Guest

Doesn't it drive you mad?! Lets hope the new EYFS when it comes on stream is considerably less prescriptive and ambiguous!

• 2 weeks later...

good grief- haven't we all got better things to discuss than quantifying "MOST"?!

When the profile first came out I agonised over terms such as "most" and some of the PSED criteria had me positively tearing my hair out- and then it dawned on me-

It doesn't matter. When I asses each child, which I do all day every day, I, in my professional capacity, the one that I have trained to do and at which I'm extremely well qualified through years of experience and learning, will make an educsated decision as to whether I can tick that box.

IF anyone at QCA fancies challenging my descision, then I welcome them to come along and prove me wrong-

In the meantime I'm going to get on with teaching and enjoying my job and not worry about the poor wording of the FSP- if they can't word it in a manner that makes it clear exactly what they want- I'm not wasting valuable time working out what percentage of his sounds Little J knows "most" .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)