Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thefts From Atm Machines

Rea

This reminded me Rea of a cashpoint I used not long ago which had a mirror too. Apparently it was to show if anyone was behind you but it also showed them you typing in your PIN no when you typed it in if you didn't cover the mirror up!

Thats really worrying that people would forget every care they usually take when a stranger offers to help, and that people would actually spend that long thinking up the scam and not worried about the cameras that are on allcash points either.

I watch The Real Hustle and that shows so many simple ways that we can be conned out of our money without a second thought.

Well all the machines have a notice along the lines of 'if you notice anything strange about this machine etc...' But how do I or anyone really know what it's suposed to look like. They arent all the same so it's very difficult to tell, at least now I know one thing to look for. xD

Actually I always think that when someone shows me an ID card. If I dont know what a real one looks like how do I know if I'm seeing a genuine one??? :o