Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tuff Spot Images

I have been really interested in the tuff spot ideas posted on this forum. I hadn't heard of a tuff spot but realise its exactly what we have been looking for. Up until now we have used water trays and even an old cardboard box to make a dinosaur environment. I have a meeting on Thursday with other lead teachers from my group of schools and would like to recomend we order some from the UK. I would love some photographs to show the endless possibilities using a Tuff spot. I have seen the photo from Mookie, does anyone else have some i could show? - i promise to credit them to you.

Thx

Guest Wolfie

Hi - I haven't got any images to show you I'm afraid but , if you have time to get it before your meeting, there's a great resource book by Helen Bromley called "50 Exciting Ways to use a Builder's Tray" published by Lawrence Educational Publications - that has LOADS of ideas in it so would be useful even if you don't get it in time for Thursday!

By the way, do you know I actually saw a builder's tray being used by some BUILDERS the other day, they were using it for its original purpose!!!! Can you believe it!!!! :o

Edited by Wolfie

Thanks, will try to get hold of the book, not sure it will be easily available in Hong Kong but will try. maybe i could send a copy of it to the builders while i'm at it - give them some ideas of what they could be doing during their tea break :o

Don't know how much tuff spots are in educational catalogues but I got mine in Homebase for £14.99. Oops just re-read the last post. Don't suppose there are Homebase shops in Hong Kong, silly me. Maybe a similar type of decorating/building/diy shop mght have one??! Let us know how your meeting goes. Good luck!

Edited by Guest

We did use it as a pretend builders tray outside, With sand and water with bricks, trowels, a cement mixer etc. I will see if I can find the photos.

Well when we came back over the holidays we discovered our tuff spot full of used cement! Had builder's in and they used our tuffspot! Had to go and buy another one from B&Q and have charged it to them! Cheek! They were probably wondering why on earth we had one!

:oxD:(:( oh puzzles! We have builders in too at the moment, and I've hidden mine for exactly that reason. Mind you, they've got a cement mixer stored in our outdoor area .. and we've seen neither hide nor hair of them for a few days - and the work looks to be finished. Mmmmm, anyone got any got ideas for how we could use a cememnt mixer??

hi there

i posted one in the members gallery... scroll down until you see the photo in CLL ideas. We used the tuff spot on this occasion to support sequencing and prepositional language for Rosies Walk. We invested in the stand which allows our Nursery children to literally stand at the table (ours dont seem to like sitting down). We've also found that putting playdough in it stops the dough from dropping onto the floow and being trodden into the carpets! Hope this helps

Not even in B & Q Susan? I must admit when I went to buy our last one I had to search for them-they were on their sides inbetween two piles of cement!

Linda

We did use it as a pretend builders tray outside, With sand and water with bricks, trowels, a cement mixer etc. I will see if I can find the photos.

Thanks for that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)