Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help - Apparatus Lesson Ob

I am being observed the week after next for half an hour during my apparatus session by the head as part of our performance magament. Anyone got any super ideas - I don't just want to do anything - I want it to be a real WOW lesson if you know what I mean? I currently do apparatus in groups moving round the apparatus; Me telling a story as children act it out on apparatus (already done bear hunt, etc) and children being able to move around on any apparatus freely as they wish. I think I am favouring either the story or children moving freely however need a good idea. Not sure if I would read the story though as this prob wouldn't give him enough to observe. There is me and my TA in for this session. I won't have a topic as such - am changing from doing frogs to pirates that week. Any ideas/suggestions would really be appreciated - my mind has gone blank.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the link Marion. The game you suggest would be a great warm up but I'm still struggling for activity ideas - if anyone could post any details of any PE sessions that they recall teaching that have been particulary fantastic then I would really appreciate it. As I said I may not have a theme as such and could work any ideas into my planning - PLEASE HELP!

The head of Early Years is coming in the day after my ob to talk to me and my head about me joining the early Years team and I would really like to go into the meeting feeling that my head had watched me teaching a brilliant lesson the day before.

PLEASE!

I once played a game called 'Captain's coming' linked to pirates and the children did different actions for commands e.g. scrub the deck (pretend to sweep floor), Climb the mast, captain's coming (children salute and say 'aye, aye captain), Pirate's shoulder (wiggle shoulder and say pretty polly like a parrot, other hand rest on moving shoulder to make 'beak' action), Clean the portholes (pretend to clean windows, small circles),.... You can then introduce mats and add 'Man the lifeboats' and add rules such as only 4 people can go in each 'lifeboat'. Anybody who can't get in one could be 'out' or come to you. Add instruction 'swim to safety' and children pretend to swim to lifeboats. If any children are 'out' they could be crocodiles/sharks and try to catch children at set points.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)