Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Meeting Evaluation Form

Hi

On wednesday i am carrying out a staff meeting around some case studies, the case studies are examples of situations that could evolve in nursery. Each case study has a set of questions to answer.

I plan to orgnaise the staff into teams of three, (four staff each) there are three case studies, and i will give staff time to look at the case studies and answer the questions. We will then get together and talk about the staff answers.

I have devised an staff meeting evaluation sheet, mainly because i need to be able to evidence the meeting for EYP, but also because i think it will be useful.

I have attatched the evaluation form, could you kind people look over it and let me know if there is anything you think does not need to be there of anything i should add.

Thanks in advance.

Dawn

Staff_meeting_evaluation_form_case_studies.doc

Hi Dawn

I really like the idea of the training. Using case studies can be linked to real situations that have happened in the individual settings. May have to do some myself.

Could you add a section, where they could write whether the training has made them think any differently about dealing with different situations. I know when i work with different people i get some good ideas to add to my own practices.

Guest Wolfie

Hi Dawn - I think your idea for the staff meeting is a really good one and the evaluation form looks good too! The only thing that I can think of is maybe asking a question on it relating to the staff's knowledge of nursery policies - did the discussions about the case studies reinforce their knowledge of nursery policies, did anything come up which might lead to a modification of a specific policy, etc. ?

Only a suggestion though! As a matter of interest, which of the standards are you looking to provide evidence for with that meeting? I'm starting in September and am going to try and get my head around some of the standards beforehand!

Hi Dawn - I think your idea for the staff meeting is a really good one and the evaluation form looks good too! The only thing that I can think of is maybe asking a question on it relating to the staff's knowledge of nursery policies - did the discussions about the case studies reinforce their knowledge of nursery policies, did anything come up which might lead to a modification of a specific policy, etc. ?

Only a suggestion though! As a matter of interest, which of the standards are you looking to provide evidence for with that meeting? I'm starting in September and am going to try and get my head around some of the standards beforehand!

hi wolfie,

will hopefully use the staff meeting, case studies and evaluation to tie in with the following standards (but would probably depend on staffs comments as to exactly where it fits in):

S7 ~ Have hig expectations of all children and commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full potential (one of the case studies is around possible SEN)

S33 ~ establish and sustain a culture of collaborative and cooperative working between collegues

S34 ~ Ensure that collegues working with them understand their role and are involved appropriatly in helping children to meet planned objectives

S35 ~ Influence and shape the policies and practices of the setting and share in collective responsability for their implementation

S38 ~ refelct on and evaluate the impact of practice,modifying approaches where necessary, and take responsibility for identifying and meeting their professional development needs.

Thanks for your suggestions as well

Dawn

Guest Wolfie

Looks good! I didn't realise one piece of evidence could cover so many standards - that's very useful to know! Good luck with the meeting, let us know how it goes!

Looks good! I didn't realise one piece of evidence could cover so many standards - that's very useful to know! Good luck with the meeting, let us know how it goes!

yeah,

if i have got the right end of the stick one piece of evidence can point to a few standards.

i have just done one of my written tasks and realised it covered loads more of the standards than i thought id cover :-)

what a fun way to spend a sunday afternoon LOL

Dawn

Hi Dawn, overall looks good, I think maybe a clear definition as to the purpose, I see it more as a training excersise rather than a staff meeting ( pedantics over words, but if staff are expecting to attend a staff meeting they may not expect a case study scenario, if you know what I mean)

Question 2/ although you have a comments column I would add to the question, please expand from yes/no answers as to how or how not the session has been useful.

another thought is how prepared are the staff for this meeting, normally agendas for meetings should be given out prior to a meeting, will this happen before this meeting?

Peggy

Hi Dawn, overall looks good, I think maybe a clear definition as to the purpose, I see it more as a training excersise rather than a staff meeting ( pedantics over words, but if staff are expecting to attend a staff meeting they may not expect a case study scenario, if you know what I mean)

Question 2/ although you have a comments column I would add to the question, please expand from yes/no answers as to how or how not the session has been useful.

another thought is how prepared are the staff for this meeting, normally agendas for meetings should be given out prior to a meeting, will this happen before this meeting?

Peggy

Thanks peggy,

yes they have had an agenda :o

Some of my staff aren't ever prepared for anything except going home time LOL, so im not holding out many hopes.

Dawn

Like the form, and the idea, although i agree its maybe more of a staff training exercise. Im preparing a series of these myself for our in house training programme.

I'd be intersted to know how this works out for you, and any tips you have.

Good Luck! :o

Doing it wednesday so will let you know how it goes..

Dawn

Like the form, and the idea, although i agree its maybe more of a staff training exercise. Im preparing a series of these myself for our in house training programme.

I'd be intersted to know how this works out for you, and any tips you have.

Good Luck! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)