Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dfes Consultation Document

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

Does anyone know anything about a consultation document that's floating around at the moment? Apparently it's to do with government proposals to reduce the amount of funding given per child to maintained nursery classes and schools and to give more to the VIP sector to bring funding amounts across the board more into line.

Hi Wolfie,

I came across this document on the teacher net order/download section whilst looking for new foundation stage material. Apparently its gone out to all head teachers for consultation. I gather the proposal is to pay maintained units for places actually used so that its a level playing field with the pvi sector. This has been included in the draft delegated conditions for our local authority (Kent) so that children can attend both maintained and pvi settings with their 12.5 hours split accordingly.

I have a meeting with our Borough on the 8th May to go through the consultation with a group of us providers. Our Nurseries have sent a petetion to Beverly Hughes saying that if the grant is not looked at for private business in a different manner they are withrawing from the grants from next year.

We will wait and see what happend at our consultation meeting. we are all in great difficulty in our borough because so many of the halls are old and we have Developers hunting down properties to demolish and re build on so there are about 3 groups now in trouble and not able to find other places to go.

We will wait and see!!!!!!

I have a meeting with our Borough on the 8th May to go through the consultation with a group of us providers. Our Nurseries have sent a petetion to Beverly Hughes saying that if the grant is not looked at for private business in a different manner they are withrawing from the grants from next year.

We will wait and see what happend at our consultation meeting. we are all in great difficulty in our borough because so many of the halls are old and we have Developers hunting down properties to demolish and re build on so there are about 3 groups now in trouble and not able to find other places to go.

We will wait and see!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties, your borough follow the DFES regulations ( or their interpretation of) but ultimately it is the DFES who need to change, and that will include some law changes too, so the consultation online is very significant to all providers.

We too in Kent are having a meeting with our LA about their delegated conditions. There are at least 400 providers attending :o

Best wishes for a more secure future for your nursery.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)