Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Profile Qs

Hi there,

Like lots of you up I update my profile fairly regularly. But I have noticed a serious gap in some of the learning areas, where I have noted if the child can do it.

whoops, I pressed the wrong button.

.... well, anyway my question is do people plan an activity so they can tick off any of the statements they haven't ticked off yet?

Does anyone have a fantastic system that they know which statements they have been ticked off and showing evidence.

Thanks Laura

Thats interesting, your posts didnt merge!

I keep a paper record of the points I have ticked, class sheet with profile points for each scale and I record the points that I have evidence for too. I keep a profile file rather than individual records.

Susan, I know I keep going these stupid profiles etc... I don't think I will ever feel confident with it. You say have evidence for some but when you to a moderators cluster meeting do they not want to see the evidence you have.

I really want to scream about this whole profile business....it drives me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I empathise laura, it is a huge body of work. As far as mod meetings go I havent been to anything. We have someone from the LEA coming in to externally moderate us but at the end of the day I can only do what I do and if its not right thats a bit tough really. I know my children and I have a system in place that suits me that is reasonably easy to manage although it feels like a paper chase. My class has only been in school since January and they were part time for the first half term too so it has been a bit of a nightmare(preschools sent me nothing that was usable).

I try not to let it give me nightmares!

Hi Laura. I think that one of the good things about the eProfile is that you can see 'gaps.' And I also think that it is common sense to 'address' these gaps. Maybe you could do this with your provision - offering the children something new/different during child initiated????????????

I would say be careful not to 'teach to the test' and also be careful about your 'evidence' - I think most (80%) of evidence should come from child inititated activity.

However, there is the 20% of evidence allowed from focus activities - so maybe you could set things up and combined with your knowledge of the child 'fill' in the gaps.

Any help??

Susan thats really funny that you mentioned nightmares, because last night I had a nightmare, where I really screamed the house down. I didn't remember the screaming but I remember waking up with my heart pounding. I think it is related to some anxiety of pressures in reception class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)