Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assembly Tomorrow!

Ive been landed to do a class assembly tomorrow!! I know its short notice and yes Im in a panic. I teach reception and our topic is minibeasts. I am totally stuck for ideas and everytime i try and think my mind goes blank.

Has anyone got any ideas or has done an assembly that worked well.

Please please help.

Thank you

Jo xx

Does it need to link to your topic?

Do you need to include your class or can it just be done by you?

A lot of pressure at such short notice :o

eeKK!

you can only really do something simple at such short notice--show and tell type things might go well. What form do your school class assemblies usually take as that might help to follow?

Needs to be led by me but with a bit of child input too A few prayers and hymns also!

I have some nice Hungry Caterpillar pics and big book so might be able to put something together in morning! Was hoping someone might have done one already!!

Have tried googling it but no luck!

Might try and talk about God's wonderful world!! Or something like that!

Arghh the more I think about it the more I hate it!

Jo xx

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I ended up doing a little chat about all God's creatures. Got a few of my class to come out to front with some minibeasts (real and toy!) and they told what they had found and where. Sang a song. Talked about and acted out the life cycle of a frog and of a butterfly - children loved this!!

Sang another song - hes got the whole world in his hands but had adapted it so he had things like the incy wincy spiders in his hands!!

Said a prayer and it was all over.

Phew!!

Jo xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)