Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Farm

I am working in a preschool in Hong Kong, we start our farm theme in May but can't visit a farm and see the animals as there aren't any. Any inspirational ideas? We cater for children from 2.5 yrs up to reception year.

Hi SJW and welcome to the forum!

I'm doing growing as my topic next month and part of that will cover farm animals - looking at lots of pics of mothers and babies, talking about how fast animals grow, watching Bambi (tenuous link but never mind!) We will also make animal noises, move like the animals, look at colour and shape, count legs etc

There's a topic called 'growing' on this site if you have a search about which you might get some ideas from

Sarahx :o

There is a lovely book by Flora McDonald called 'I Love Animals' which makes a good starting point. It is available in big book format and has lovely illustrations of farm animals.

If you have an interactive whiteboard why not do a powerpoint. You can download lots of lovely photos from google images (it's moooovellous!) :o and add sound effects from microsoft clipart on line. Hope this helps.

If you have an interactive whiteboard why not do a powerpoint. You can download lots of lovely photos from google images (it's moooovellous!) :o and add sound effects from microsoft clipart on line. Hope this helps.

Great idea's, unfortunately we can only dream of owning an interactive white board. We could still crowd around the computer and do something similar.

Thx

Thanks for all the help, i am going to focus on Chicken Licken and the little red hen with my 4 year olds. Haven't found much on the internet - any resourse ideas etc

Thx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)